Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 06:45 pm
@tsarstepan,
LOL @ tsarstepan

Nipped by a playful dog as she wopuldn't mean any harm.

sharing your bed with a dog or a person?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:00 pm
@Stormwatch,
Dogs don't toss and turn or steal blankets. Plus they are great feet warmers on cold nights as well. <<hee hee>>

A wall cluttered with photographs and framed works of art or a minimalist sense of decor?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
lean toward minimalist with a few photos

cook at home or eat out?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:09 pm
@Stormwatch,
Depends on my mood and the length of the work day. I really don't mind cooking at home. Got a lovely slow cooker and I'm starting to use it these days.

Cooking by recipe or cooking by sheer improvisation?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
mostly improvising ( i have difficulty following rules even from a cookbook..lol)

lamp light or sun light?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:22 pm
@Stormwatch,
I have too much English in my genes. Lamp light for me ... barring that a partly cloudy day will make the perfect outdoor weather. Cool

A cultural vacation: museums, concerts, tours of historical places or thrilling action vacations: beach activities, participating in leisurely sports, and theme parks?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
beach, parks, fun in the sun...with a few poolside drinks Smile

spend or save?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:31 pm
@Stormwatch,
Spending ... on books of course. Very Happy

Book club or tea party?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:33 pm
@tsarstepan,
tea party....with long island iced tea!

Borders or Barnes and Nobel?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:40 pm
@Stormwatch,
I'm a member of the Barnes and Noble member program since it began. But I choose B+N simply because they have been more geographically accessible then Borders, rather then a reaction to an individual corporate atmosphere.

Going to CVS or Walgreens or what have you to get mainstream shampoos and soaps or go to a smaller niche/hand made soaps store to indulge?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
mainstream shampoos, my only hair indulgence is highlights to cover the gray lol

hot or cold cereal for breakfast?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:54 pm
@Stormwatch,
I love the zen like simplicity of a healthy cold cereal.

Champagne brunch on a Sunday or wait until lunchtime to have a special dinner?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 07:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'll have to say dinner. I'm lucky to get a bowl of oatmeal in on sunday morning before I head off to work.

board games or online games?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 08:41 pm
@Stormwatch,
Sunday work? Mind me asking? Second job? If so, you teachers need their salaries overhauled and doubled at least.

Online games are far more addictive but too solitary. Even though my friend and I used to compete to beat each other's scores... she usually beat me 9 times out of 10. And I'm allegedly the gamer of the duo.

Scrabble or crosswords?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 08:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
crosswords, I do the Boston Globe online crossword everyday at lunch ( when I have time...lol)

I've always been tempted to get a second job for the money...but I'm too lazy. I go to school every Sunday morning to do all of my plans for the week and catch up on paperwork. I rarely have time during the week and if I find spare time in the day I have constant interruptions. Sunday is quiet at school with the exception of the music I play!

stay up late or go to bed early?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 08:53 pm
@Stormwatch,
That's dedicated diligence. Quite admirable and reasonably disciplined indeed. Very Happy

Even when I had a job, I always was some kind of night owl. I prefer to stay up late.

Movies with the kids at the cinema with all of the mortgage inducing trappings or DVD rental and home made popcorn?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
That's dedicated diligence. Quite admirable and reasonably disciplined indeed.

Naww that's just survival...makes my week go by so much easier when I'm well planned.

I've spent more time renting movies for home. I like going to the cinema but the rebel in me refuses to get trapped in the "have to buy" mode there....I have always brought in my own goodies for me and the kids. Haven't gotten frisked or arrested yet Wink

wood or gas fire?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:06 pm
@Stormwatch,
Quote:
I have always brought in my own goodies for me and the kids. Haven't gotten frisked or arrested yet

I admire the nihilist sentiment underlying that statement. <<hee hee>>

Gas fire works only for modern day kitchen stoves. Wood fire is the only acceptable form of fire in a fireplace. I'm a traditionalist/purist in this department!

Chopping and seasoning your own chords of wood or just buying it and getting it delivered from say Loews or Home Depot?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:16 pm
@tsarstepan,
Buy wood locally, mostly ready to burn. If any chopping is needed that's my husband's department. I tolerate the woodstove and the bugs and dirt that come with wood, but I draw the line at chopping!!!

going to a gym or natural exercise like walking, swimming etc?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 09:19 pm
@Stormwatch,
I have to immediately rule out swimming because I simply can't. With a good pair of shoes, I can walk a marathon a day.

You have the television on the background now or music playing or complete and utter silence of a monastery?