Glennn

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 02:06 pm
@P E Dant,
Waterproof cellar, as that would give the greater peace of mind.

Be able to play the piano, or the guitar?
P E Dant

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2024 05:34 pm
@Glennn,
Guitar please Glennn - a long-held desire but have absolutely no talent for learning music Sad

My last teacher, the sainted Melita, asked me not to come back Sad

Subscribe to a monthly magazine, or live on the edge, and hope that there will be a copy at the newsagents for you each month
Glennn

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2024 11:22 am
@P E Dant,
HA! Very Happy

Live on the edge. I thought everybody knew that about me.

Go get glasses, or just keep reading glasses with you at all times . . . for all things!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

*You don't have to know how to read music to play the guitar. Look up "guitar tab" on google*

P E Dant

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2024 05:52 pm
@Glennn,
Keep glasses handy at all times Smile

Put your neighbour's mail (that was accidentally placed in your letter box) into their letter box unopened, or read it first

---------------------------------------------<>----------------------------------------------

Glennn - *You don't have to know how to read music to play the guitar. Look up "guitar tab" on google*

If, like me, you wish to supplant Laurindo Alemeida, Andre Segovia, John Williams, Chet Atkins, Roy Clark, Hank B Marvin, Julian Bream, Stevie Ray Vaughan, B B King, Albert Collins et al you do!
Glennn

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 03:27 pm
@P E Dant,
Read it first. And if it's personal stuff from a family member or friend, type up a well-written letter explaining how to solve the particular problem they're discussing.

You see a dog that's foaming at the mouth and growling. Do you jump to the conclusion that he has rabies and lock your door to him, or do give him the benefit of the doubt and allow for the possibility that he might have just finished off a bowl of whipped-cream and is growling because he's angry about there being no more, and then let him into your house where you make some whipped cream for him?
P E Dant

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2024 05:56 pm
@Glennn,
Lock the door! It is a bad move to feed stray animals... there is only the one at first but within a month there will be hundreds of the dastards, all intent on eating you out of house and home, then eating you! Be warned!

You are at the Supermarket checkout and you realise that you have put two of some item you wanted into your trolley/cart... buy it anyway or just leave it there among the lollies/candy?
Glennn

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 12:13 pm
@P E Dant,
Leave it there . . . preferably when no one is looking, but that's where it's going.

You're driving down the road and it begins to sprinkle. You see a teenager with his thumb out. Do you give him a ride, or do you drive on by doing your best to not make eye contact.
P E Dant

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:39 pm
@Glennn,
Pick the person up... I have never passed a hitch-hiker, unless the car was full up with hitch-hikers... sometimes hitching is the only way to get to where you want to go and I was never, ever, left stranded... might wait a fair while sometimes, but never left stranded Smile

You are in the food court at the Mall - hunger strikes you and you have a choice between Asian, or Italian, takeaway (all the other food places have lines out into the street)... Asian or Italian?

Glennn

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 09:53 pm
@P E Dant,
Asian.

Carpet, or wood floors?
P E Dant

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2024 10:18 pm
@Glennn,
Wood... polished wood floors are so easy to care for Smile

You have to sit in the back seat of the car you are getting a lift in... sit behind the driver or the front seat passenger?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 12:20 pm
@P E Dant,
I would have never given that a thought. It would likely depend on what side of the car I was closest to. I also guess if I'm talking to the driver, I might sit behind the passenger side so I can at least partially see the driver when talking. But most likely, the decision would be a crapshoot.

Beef burger, turkey burger, salmon burger, or veggie burger?
P E Dant

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2024 05:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Beef burger please Glennn - I have never had any of the other types!

You decide to take up a hobby - learn bookbinding or learn parquetry?
Glennn

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2024 11:02 am
@P E Dant,
Parquetry. Might have to take up a hobby that would help increase my vocabulary--scrabble perhaps--cuz I had to look up "parquetry.

You know that if you pulled your refrigerator out from the wall and dusted the heat pump tubes behind the back panel, it would use less electricity and extend the life of your fridge. Do it, or not?
P E Dant

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2024 05:07 pm
@Glennn,
Do it twice a year - (at the start of Autumn/Fall and the start of Spring - and wash/polish the floor space it occupies while the 'fridge is out of place)

Call your Doctor by their first name or only ever address them as 'Doctor/Sir/Ma'am'?
0 Replies

Glennn

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2024 10:27 am
I just call them doc. Just kidding. Actually, I question them without calling them anything, kind of like I do with the mechanics who fix my car.

It's the day after garbage pick-up. You open a can of tuna. Knowing that the empty, smelly can is going to be sitting in your closed up trash receptacle under the sink for six days, you first put in something airtight like a sandwich baggy or empty bread sack.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2024 03:50 pm
@Glennn,
I just rinse the can out with warm water and maybe a drop of dish soap to break up any remaining oils and toss it into my recycle bin. Never have a problem in that department.

You're worried about packages being stolen from your front porch when you're not home:
1. Get a neighbor to pick it up after it's delivered;
2. Have the package delivered to a central locker or nearby store;
3. Leave a booby trapped package and hope that the neighborhood thieves will get weary about taking your items off of your porch;
4. Do nothing and hope for the best?
P E Dant

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2024 06:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
2. Have the package delivered to a central locker - The local Post Office has a bank of lockers just outside the parcel pick-up room... you can have it delivered to the PPR or you can have it delivered to one of the lockers and they are accessible 24/7 by a punch-in code you are given

Do you own washing or take it to a laundry?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2024 08:07 am
@P E Dant,
Laundromat

Getting your next book to read:
1. new bookstore;
2. used bookstore;
3. library;
4. your friend or family;
5. You have too many unread books already. You'll just read one of them.
coluber2001

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2024 11:43 am
@tsarstepan,
I like used bookstores.

YouTube to stream music or buy discs.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2024 03:37 pm
@coluber2001,
YouTube is good though I prefer Spotify.

Solitaire or a game of cards with friends?