tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 01:26 pm
@NickFun,
Even if Batman is my reigning favorite comic hero, the abilities and that Superman has and the lifestyle that he leads are still better then Batman's.

Having a very large loft apartment, but no budget for furniture other then a mattress and a lamp OR a tiny studio apartment but enough money for your fill it out with the most luxurious furniture and art that would possibly fit?
devriesj

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 04:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'll take the furnished studio, please. Smile

Would you rather have your mind or body go first?

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 05:48 pm
@devriesj,
Body. I figure that science has a greater chance at advancing the medical breakthroughs involving the body way before they'd be able to tackle the issues involving the mind.

Living in luxury in a place/country/region where you won't ever be able speak or understand the language of the people who live with and serve you. Where social and intimate communications are impossible or living in squalor but surrounded by the people you most admire. And by whatever reason, there are no communication obstacles, everyone understands you and you understand everyone?
NickFun

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 07:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
You pose a paradox here. If the people are serving me then we must be able to communicate. Certainly someone speaks English somewhere. I haven't been anywhere they don't. Or I'll buckle down and learn the language. Luxury for me.

Living on the top Penthouse suite of a huge downtown building or a simple unheated cottage by the shore?
Dutchy

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 08:04 pm
@NickFun,
Unheated cottage by the shore.

Desk bound job or a job that takes you all over the country?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 08:15 pm
@Dutchy,
[Nickfun... yeah I knew I could have written those choices better.... [sigh]
And since I love the city life and I'm not a beach person...
Living on the top Penthouse suite of a huge downtown building.]

I have no ties to keep me anchored in one spot... so a job that takes you all over the country.

Take a sick day (on a sunny day when your not even sick) or take the extra money at the end of the year if you don't use your sick days for the year?
NickFun

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 09:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'd take the sick day. Preferably a Friday.

Take you full 4 weeks vacation or skip a week?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 09:13 pm
@NickFun,
If I ever get a job that would give me 4 weeks vacation a year, I wouldn't use all of them. I would be feel guilty in taking that much time off away from my job. Hopefully in this hypothetical job, I would have a job I would be passionate about.

Taking a vacation far away from your home, would you rather drive their ... <<WOO HOO - ROAD TRIP!!>> or getting to your destination as soon as possible so you can start your vacation as soon as possible.
Dutchy

Reply Wed 28 Oct, 2009 05:19 am
@tsarstepan,
Drive to my destination for a holiday, do this continuesly with my Caravan (I think you call it a motor home).

Travel to Russia or China?
NickFun

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 12:30 pm
@Dutchy,
I haven't been to Russia yet. That's the one for me!

Istanbul or Athens?
devriesj

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 12:56 pm
@NickFun,
Haven't been to either (bummer) but I'll take Athens for starters.

home made food or take out / restaurant?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 12:58 pm
@NickFun,
Wow that's a tough one. I love food from Greece and Turkey. Classical culture of Greece vs the new modern(izing) Istanbul?

I'll flip a coin ... heads = Greece and tails = Turkey... Tails it is....

________
To answer devriesj...
Take out / restaurant.

Shake, Burger, and fries or Chinese all you can eat?
NickFun

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
Gimme all the Chinese I can eat. There's usually something nutritious in there.

Pheasant or Goat?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 02:45 pm
@NickFun,
I've only had pheasant once. My mother accidentally hit it with her car as she was backing out of our driveway (I was 4 years old at the time). Waste not....

But I've had goat several times from a Pakistani restaurant. That gets my goat... sorry vote. Wink

corn dogs or hot dogs in a bun?
Dutchy

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 03:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
hot dogs in a bun

mussels or prawns?
Ceili

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 03:09 pm
@Dutchy,
prawns - more versatile

limes or lemons?
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 03:16 pm
@Ceili,
Lemons. Good for lemonade and spritzing on fish. Very Happy And spritzing (mischievously) people ya don't like in the eye ... "Oh did I get you in the eye?! Sorry..." <<he he eh>>

White Russians or Black Russians? (The alcoholic drink, not potential sex partner Wink )
Dutchy

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 03:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
White Russian.

White water rafting or abseiling?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 29 Oct, 2009 11:07 pm
I enjoy both but white water rafting is more fun. Though I did some rappelling (as we call it) in Europe this past summer.

Lift weights to stay fit or just walking?
Dutchy

Reply Fri 30 Oct, 2009 01:58 am
@NickFun,
Just walking.

Buy your own clothes or let someone else decide?