tsarstepan

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2023 12:53 pm
@P E Dant,
One has to know/understand the personality of the kid. At face value, a book would suffice.

You have a close friend/family member who is sick and just happens genetically match you but needs unorthodox help:
1. Donate blood or platelets;
2. Donate kidney;
3. Donate money to medical charity that coincides with the person's illness
4. send card and/or flowers?
P E Dant

Reply Thu 15 Jun, 2023 06:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
Gosh Stepan! Hmmm... I think I would have to talk to my own doctor first about No 2... I already donate blood regularly and would willingly donate to a charity that covers that particular illness... I would rather visit personally and deliver the card and flowers... depends!

You are given the opportunity to visit a certain place you are curious about but would have to pay quite a bit to get in... pay up and go or not?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2023 03:18 pm
@P E Dant,
So many places on my list of things to see and do. I'll skip the super pricey one and work through a batch of affordable ones. You never know what might happen. There was a musician I really wanted to see, would have paid serious money to see him but could never get tickets .. then one night he sat in with a jazz group at a tiny local Ethiopian restaurant. $10 cover!!!! I just about wept with joy.

Teach others something you can do or learn something new?
P E Dant

Reply Sun 18 Jun, 2023 06:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks for playing Beth Smile

Both of those... learning something new is wonderful, especially if the 'teacher' enjoys whatever it is... nothing worse than a whinger/complainer trying to tell you how to do something while whinging/complaining about it! Sad

Buying food - you have a loooooong shopping list and know that you are a bit short of money - still buy the best you can afford or go for the cheaper items so that you can get most of what's on your list?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 10:09 am
@P E Dant,
Go for the cheaper items so that you can get most of what's on your list. AS I never have any problem getting store brands and am only buying for myself. Then again, I never have long shopping lists anyways.

Iced tea to drink:
Iced green tea, iced black tea, iced herbal tea, or an Arnold Palmer (half-black iced tea and half lemonade)?

ehBeth

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 04:29 pm
@tsarstepan,
Arnold Palmer all the way baby!

2 tiny farm fresh eggs or 1 extra large supermarket egg?
coluber2001

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 04:58 pm
@ehBeth,
My brain says tiny farm fresh eggs but my stomach says extra large eggs.

Swimming in a nice swimming pool or a crystal clear beach on the gulf coast of Florida?
P E Dant

Reply Tue 20 Jun, 2023 05:34 pm
@coluber2001,
In the ocean please coluber! Smile

You have an undercover car parking space - park in it yourself or rent it out and park on the street?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2023 09:27 am
@P E Dant,
This is all hypothetical since I don't have a car nor own real estate that comes with a parking spot. I guess if I had both have a car and real estate that comes with a parking spot? I would have enough financial stability that I wouldn't need to rent the spot out. So? I'd use the parking space myself. Usually better car security.

Painting class, pottery class, drawing class, or photography class?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2023 03:39 pm
@tsarstepan,
Photography

Fiction or Non-fiction
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2023 03:47 pm
@glitterbag,
Fiction. Greater than 19 out 20 of the books I read are fiction books.

When looking for new recipes to cook: watch celebrity chefs on their cooking show, find a recipe online (text), find a YouTube video, or reference a physical cookbook or magazine?
P E Dant

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2023 05:47 pm
@tsarstepan,
Find a recipe online Smile

You have the opportunity to go to an up-market flower show - Go? Or not?

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2023 10:38 am
@P E Dant,
Probably not. But I guess if I won a free ticket and some swag to the event. Plus maybe a free dinner at a nearby restaurant, I'd go. Nothing I ever planned on attending before.

Opera: See a fully staged opera, see a stripped down concert of opera singers, watch a pared down Hollywood adaptation, or just turn on the radio and listen to opera in the background while doing chores?
P E Dant

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2023 06:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
See a stripped down concert of opera singers - I once went to a 'Mozart In The Open' concert and it was wonderful! The singers were from a well-known opera company and appeared in costume appropriate to the songs - then, then Stepan, came the AFTERNOON TEA! *drool* *slobber* The concert had been organised by a local community radio station and the a/noon tea came with the concert ticket - I certainly got my money's worth! Mr. Green

You are approached in the street by a person conducting a poll - participate or go on your way?

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2023 08:53 am
@P E Dant,
To be honest, 95+% of the time, I try to avoid street solicitors (polltakers and charity representatives). On the other hand, if one is asking for ballot signatures, I immediately try and figure if I am qualified to sign in the first place - regarding what voting district I am currently walking through at the time - and I usually sign the petition. Then again, I literally never came across a Republican ballot petitioner in my 21 years of living in NYC. I'd 100000% turn them down immediately if I ever cross one of their paths.

Sparkling rose, champagne, hard seltzer, or hard cider?

P E Dant

Reply Fri 14 Jul, 2023 06:31 pm
@tsarstepan,
Sparkling rose, champagne, hard seltzer, or hard cider?

All of the above! Mr. Green Drunk

You learn of a free concert in a place that will take a bit of effort to get to - make the effort or give it a miss?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2023 11:29 am
@P E Dant,
I'd like to say yes. But I'd likely miss it. Especially if it's on a weekday.

Olympics sports to watch: gymnastics or ice skating?
coluber2001

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2023 12:56 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm tempted to say gymnastics while ice skating, but that might be a bit dangerous with all the flying ice skates, so I'll say gymnastics, which have a lot of events.

Cold, 0° weather or plus 100 degree weather?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2023 03:37 pm
@coluber2001,
Definitely Cold, 0° weather.

At movie theater (snacks): popcorn or candy?
P E Dant

Reply Mon 7 Aug, 2023 06:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
Popcorn please Stepan - although I really prefer chips/crisps Smile

You learn of the upcoming funeral of a certain person who bullied you at school - Go, to ensure the %$#@^&$@ is actually dead or just smile to yourself?