tsarstepan

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 09:39 am
@Sturgis,
Ride the rails on top of a train. Literally millions have done it in India and other countries. Just as long as the train ain't a subway where the height between the ceiling and the top of the train car is a bit too precarious even for someone who would lie completely flat on the roof of the train.

Chicken nuggets or chick'n nuggets (veggie)?
bald eagle

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 03:27 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well..... I was raised on a farm and I have tasted each of them and to tell the truth, I like both !

Would you rather watch TV or listen to the radio ?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 03:31 pm
@bald eagle,
radio every damn time

chocolate chip cookies or lemon meringue pie?
bald eagle

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2020 03:57 pm
@ehBeth,
^^ good for you

Lemon Meringue pie, yummy

Shop bought vegetables or home grown ?
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 01:07 pm
@bald eagle,
shop-bought veggies are fine.

Great opening tv theme song to start a favorite television show OR just start the bloody show already AKA no opening credits?
chai2

Reply Sat 6 Jun, 2020 03:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
Just start the show already! (I think I've seen some shows where for the first couple episodes they do the cool intro, then drop it)

In movie beginnings silent logos and branding floating around the screen, or some sound or music accompanying it?
Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 12:21 am
@chai2,
Sound, any sound.
Better yet, just get on with the movie instead of 5000 opening credit things!

Wait outside for the mail or let it arrive whenever?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 12:07 pm
@Sturgis,
Let it arrive whenever. I rarely get physical mail. All of my bills are paperless. I can wait for my occasional magazines and packages.

The family-friendly Disneyfied Grimm's stories or the very brutal and depressing original takes on the dark and bleak fairy tales?
Sturgis

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2020 03:21 pm
@tsarstepan,
Having enjoyed the original Grimm's Fairy Tales by the talented authors Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, I must stay true to them.

Sob uncontrollably upon realizing that Alice is never going to return after falling down the rabbit hole or write an alternate universe ending which you then read to the screaming audience?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 8 Sep, 2020 03:02 pm
@Sturgis,
Write an alternate universe ending which you then read to the screaming audience.

Volleyball at the beach or table tennis in an airconditioned gameroom?
Sturgis

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2020 02:11 pm
@tsarstepan,
Table tennis...even without a.c.

Bowling indoors during an earthquake or outside bocce ball during a hurricane?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2020 05:11 pm
@Sturgis,
Bowling indoors during an earthquake. We don't have big scary earthquakes in NYC. Just (allegedly) little baby ones - though I've never noticed them occur when they rarely do actually happen.

Salad nicoise or tuna melt sammich?
Halcyon

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2020 06:20 pm
@tsarstepan,
Salad nicoise, salad is at least something I've had. Tuna melt sounds awful, idk why.

Red sports car or black SUV
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2020 08:01 pm
@Halcyon,
Red sports car.

Nintendo Switch, Playstation 5, or Xbox Series X?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 9 Sep, 2020 08:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
I've only bought those games for at one time or another for my nephews....don't use them myself

cashmere or Merino wool
Sturgis

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 10:33 pm
@glitterbag,
Cashmere for sweaters and Merino for hats.

Compete in the annual crafts fair or calculate the amount of time it takes for high gloss paint to fully dry at different humidity levels?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 10 Sep, 2020 11:16 pm
@Sturgis,
I bought a cashmere overcoat in 1976, I had to put on lay-away and I think it took me 6 months to pay for it..............but it was divine (camel color)

I'd rather calculate the times of high gloss paint drying, because I stink at crafts (I'd rather read a book)

Would you rather a side order of fried okra or stewed okra......(in all fairness both make me gag)
Sturgis

Reply Fri 11 Sep, 2020 03:18 pm
@glitterbag,
Can it be well battered deep-fried okra? That's the only way I would even consider it.

Volunteer to clear the snow from your street during a government shutdown or enjoy the quiet of no traffic going by?
tsarstepan

Reply Sun 13 Sep, 2020 08:52 pm
@Sturgis,
Not even a real choice. Enjoy the quiet of no traffic going by.

Use a friend's phone and data plan to surf for something questionable or use your own phone while using a VPN? Wink
Sturgis

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2020 05:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
Clearly if it's your phone, I'd be happy to use it. (as a gesture of my gratitude for our camaraderie)...
Probably just use my own.

Save all the plastic food containers you get and eventually build a partition wall in your home or put them out for recycling?