chai2

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 07:57 am
@Sturgis,
Neither. I don’t know their dietary restrictions, preferences or feelings towards strangers showing up at their door. Too much potential for wasted time and effort, awkwardness and getting immediately over chummy with people who we end up not much in common to being a complete disaster.

Instead I greet in a friendly cordial manner when I see them, so we can both mutually decide over time how the relationship will develop.

Gargoyles or griffins?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2019 11:00 am
@chai2,
Gargoyles are more down to earth. The kind of beastie you could drink a root beer or beer together at a local bar. Griffins are so... uppity.

Shea butter or some kind of high end skin moisturizer

OR

bathe in the blood of the innocent?
Sturgis

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 03:41 pm
@tsarstepan,
Since you are paying (you are, aren't you?), The high end moisturizer

Disguise yourself as a psychotic clown or an escaped convict in order to elude your fans?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2019 09:42 pm
@Sturgis,
Psychotic Clown........much scarier then an escaped convict

Watch 10 episodes of Jerry Springer or 1 torturous hour of Sean 'freepface' Hannity.
Sturgis

Reply Tue 30 Apr, 2019 11:16 pm
@glitterbag,
Jerry Springer (as long as I can do some sudoku puzzles when it's on)

Volunteer to provide refreshments at the local prison spring family picnic or help clean up the toxic waste spilled over the highway?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 1 May, 2019 07:32 am
@Sturgis,
Volunteer to provide refreshments at the local prison spring family picnic. That could be a heartwarming experience.

Play fetch with a whale shark or ride bareback on a giraffe?
chai2

Reply Wed 1 May, 2019 09:15 am
@tsarstepan,
Oooh Oooh....giraffe! giraffe!

Eat lunch with Gordon Ramsey or the Elephant Man?
coluber2001

Reply Wed 1 May, 2019 09:28 am
@chai2,
Eat lunch with the Elephant Man. It would be a deep, philosophical conversation.

Have a conversation with Vladimir Putin or Donald Trump?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 1 May, 2019 09:29 am
@chai2,
I hear that the elephant man was quite a lovely person. So... him please.

Quote:
Have a conversation with Vladimir Putin or Donald Trump?

This is a cancerous choice. I guess Putin because at least he's a shrewd and intelligent historical figure that will likely be seen as Trump's puppetmaster when history is written in a few decades. Besides, he probably has better taste in food and conversation than Trump could muster in a lifetime of experience.

Spotify or Pandora or Apple Music?
((Go to HELL Tidal!!))
Sturgis

Reply Thu 16 May, 2019 10:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
I use tunein radio. Gives me live radio and plenty of podcasts.

Take a year off touring the world guided by your mortal enemy or a month in a floodzone during monsoon season with your closest friends?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 17 May, 2019 08:47 am
@Sturgis,
A month in a floodzone during monsoon season with your closest friends. Teamwork (and hopefully malaria shots prior to the month) will make the time survivable.

Act in a community theater play or get an extra (with a talking part of only two or three words) in a Hollywood blockbuster destined for the Razzies (not you in particular)?
coluber2001

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 09:01 am
@tsarstepan,
Acting in a community theater play would be a fulfilling experience in itself. I can't see how acting in a movie with either a big part or a bit part would be fulfilling. I think we project those feelings of glory onto the screen stars.

Kayaking a rapids in a crocodile-infested river or canoeing through a mosquito-infested swamp without repellent.
chai2

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 01:33 pm
@coluber2001,
I imagine it like Waiting for Guffman. No thanks. I would like a Remains or the Day lunchbox though.

Canoe with the mosquitoes. It’s a swamp so plenty of mud to cover yourself.

Having to take a cold shower (including shampooing) in an unheated bathroom in Minnesota in February, or using a hand mower to cut an acre of grass in Mississippi in August?
Sturgis

Reply Sun 19 May, 2019 02:36 pm
@chai2,
Hand mower for the acre of grass.
(I don't even deal with cold water showers when the hot water heater is out and it's the middle of a heatwave)

Write a tell-all (possibly fictionalized) book about your celebrity friends or take the secrets only to your cat/dog/fish/fossa/other pet?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 11:34 am
@Sturgis,
"tell-all (possibly fictionalized) book about your celebrity friends"
I don't have any celebrity friends... so... a fictionalized narrative could make for great satire (and possibly book sales).

Keep a daily journal/diary or publish a low key podcast about your own life (an episode once a week)?
chai2

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 11:52 am
@tsarstepan,
Neither in reality, but to make a choice, the daily journal.

100% certain no one gives a fig about my life.

Not eating for 1 week, or having to eat nothing but your least favorite food for a month?
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 01:49 pm
@chai2,
Not eating for 1 week.

Eat a bowl of really stale raisin bran cereal or a bowl of tacks?
glitterbag

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 03:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
Has to be the raisen bran...

Hire coldjoint or ollaroy to be the face of your public relations campaign

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 04:35 pm
@glitterbag,
That's not such a bad idea. All their mistakes will provide for a free press that would otherwise cost hundreds of millions. Trump's primary interest is to have his name in the media. Look at all the free press on Sarah Sanders' and her lies.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 09:09 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Has to be the raisen bran...

Hire coldjoint or ollaroy to be the face of your public relations campaign

This is at a dead end. ollaroy at least knows a thing about movies.

Spotify or Apple Music or Google Music?