Sturgis

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2018 12:25 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Europe.

Go to a dentist for a painful tooth or try to treat it yourself, maybe even take pliers and remove it yourself.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2018 07:22 pm
@Sturgis,
I'm a cheapskate. So far, I haven't come to this point. I guess I would have to go to NYU's Dental School for the treatment.

Take the room-temperture 'bucket' challenge (50 gallon tank of salt water and pirranha dumped on your head) OR the Tide Pod Challenge?
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2018 06:08 pm
@tsarstepan,
A friend of mine did his own dental work. He had a filling fall out and didn't have money or insurance so decided to fix it himself. He prepared by setting up a bright light in front of the bathroom mirror and then drinking some Jack Daniel's. (To kill the germs). Then he used a small torch and some plumbing solder to fill his cavity. After dripping the molten metal into the hole in his tooth, and screaming in pain, he consoled himself with some more whiskey. Drinking and bad decisions were a big part of Mike's life. Mike died at a young age. RIP

Room temperature bucket challenge.
Using your single-use round trip time machine would you visit NY in the 1930's, the late 1700's, or before European visitors?
Sturgis

Reply Sat 3 Feb, 2018 03:26 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Take me to the 1930s....right at the start so i can stop Rockefeller Center and its buildings from being built!

Take part in a sports activity with friends or build a sailing ship in your yard?
TomTomBinks

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2018 07:03 pm
@Sturgis,
I think build a sailing ship in the yard. But no voices from the sky and NO ANIMALS!
Steady job with a long established company or make your living as an independent contractor doing various interesting things but with no security or set schedule?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2018 06:24 am
@TomTomBinks,
Steady job with a long established company.

Forced to listen to Ted Nugent and Kid Rock read Trump's entire twitter (repeating many to fill several hours) or be off Facebook and Messenger for one whole week (no cheating allowed)?
Sturgis

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2018 11:45 am
@tsarstepan,
I'll take a week off from Facebook and Messenger. Hey, I'll even toss in Twitter and Instagram. No worry about cheating there since I don't have 3 of them and can't recall the info for the Facebook.

Go full on vegan for a month or eat only breakfast sandwiches and supersize meals from Burger King and McDonald's for 2 months?
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2018 07:25 pm
@Sturgis,
Vegan. I can suffer without meat for a month rather than feel nauseous for two.

Glue your fingers together with superglue or freeze your tongue to a flagpole at Rockefeller Center?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2018 07:53 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Superglue. You can actively still go to the ER for treatment on your own power. Freezing your tongue to a pole means you better have a good winter coat as you will be stuck out in the cold until someone gets some emergency related help.

You can keep you skin on your fingers with the appropriate help. Unlikely thing when it comes with your tongue, minor frostbite, and any ensuing method to free you from your cold predicament.

Chicken wings: BBQ, mild, medium, spicy, or solar fusion powered hot?
TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 10 Feb, 2018 08:59 pm
@tsarstepan,
Ooooh! I love chicken wings. I like BBQ. Of course sometimes I'll get spicy. If the kids are with me I'll get mild. I'll have to choose one I guess. Have you ever had the honey mustard? ...

BBQ.
So fruit pies; apple, blueberry, cherry, or peach ?
glitterbag

Reply Sun 11 Feb, 2018 01:22 am
@TomTomBinks,
Peach Pie but my favorite is Lemon....but peach is terrific

Sautéed or Steamed (not boiled) Shrimp
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 12 Feb, 2018 09:31 am
@glitterbag,
Sautéed.

Elvis Presley or Elvis Costello?
TomTomBinks

Reply Tue 13 Feb, 2018 05:15 pm
@tsarstepan,
Reluctantly Presley.
Parsley or cilantro?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 07:16 am
@TomTomBinks,
Parsley.

Cheesy training montage for a dramatic sports movie or a building or cleaning montage in a cheesy c0medy?
TomTomBinks

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 06:26 pm
@tsarstepan,
Building and cleaning in a cheesy comedy.
LED, CFL or good old fashioned no-abbreviations-necessary lightbulbs?
Sturgis

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 06:46 pm
@TomTomBinks,
CFL bulbs are fun to hold and look at and the last a goods length of time. Never used or seen an LED. There's a lot to be said for the old fashioned bulbs, such as disposal was less of a chore.

....I'll take a carton of CFLs. Give me the ones equal to the old 60 watt output.

Watch the Winter Olympics in their entirety or watch the entire 50 Shades of Gray series again and again and again...until the Olympics are closed?
glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 Feb, 2018 08:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Would you offer a third choice???
Sturgis

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 05:50 pm
@glitterbag,
How about stand on a mile long line in the cold rain for a lottery ticket or spend an evening watching slides of your cousin's vacations the last 20 years?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 20 Feb, 2018 06:04 pm
@Sturgis,
My cousins vacation....if it's on slides the lights will be low and I can sleep (I learned this trick when my grandfather insisted we watch all the slides of the buffet tables on their trips)

Peanut butter, smooth or crunchy

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 21 Feb, 2018 08:11 am
@glitterbag,
Smooth please. Nothing against crunchy though.

Crow T. Robot or Gypsy or Tom Servo?
https://i.imgur.com/vJ6VcTb.jpg