DivX on DVD player

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 06:33 am
Hey ya! I was hoping someone could help me with a lill question regarding DivX.
So, I downloaded a 15 days free using of DivX Converter, but only had the time to convert one video before it expired. But what I was wondering is that the DVD players that are DivX compatible can ONLY play converted divx files? I read somewhere that files that end with avi. Is also like DviX files?
Soooo, can i play the avi files on the DivX DVD player?
I hope this wasnt too confusing Embarrassed
And I feel like such a looser for asking this, I know nothing about these kinda things Embarrassed
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 647 • Replies: 3
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:38 am
You've got me a little confused - the DivX Player is free, enabling anyone to view DivX coded material. I can't think of a good reason to convert one's own media to the DivX codec unless one has the paid, full-featured version of DivX - and even then, I dunno why it would make all that much sense in most instances to convert.
0 Replies

LuckyStar

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 05:27 pm
Exactly. I can play the avi. files in DivX player, so why convert them? Anyway, so you think I can play those files on a DVD player?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:39 pm
Should play in just about any PC or Mac media player which has the DivX playback codec installed, but if you're asking whether DivX encoded DVDs will play on non-computer audio/video DVD players, I've never tried, but I've gotta think the answer is prolly "No" for most of them - DivX is not the same as the default coding for consumer DVDs
0 Replies