Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:30 am
BBB
deleted
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:39 am
Re: This Seed Must Grow...
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
I feel that we are now witnessing the second crucifixion of Jesus Christ by the immoral people of the United States.

r l and other Christians, is GC even Christian? isn't it a bit blasphemous talking about a second crucifixion? the last time i heard a similar phrase, it was Manson women chanting it in a TV movie about Charlie Manson.

fyi, i'm not christian, never was, and used to carry an ACLU card & donate to the Salvation Army at the same time.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 12:47 am
Yitwail,

Well, I don't know if you'd call it blasphemous or not, but since the Second Coming hasn't happened yet, I don't think that statement can be taken literally.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 03:12 am
M A, Revelation doesn't mention crucifixion, does it? the only verse i could come up with searching online is Rev. 11:8

And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
0 Replies

username

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2005 03:19 am
When was he crucified in Egypt? That's gotta be number two, because it sure wasn't number one. So NYC's gotta be three, at least. Who's got the calculator? Oh, okay, I reread it, and it's a metaphor, I get it. My bet would be Las Vegas, then, for number two. Wonder what odds Nick the Greek would have given on resurrection.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:53 am
Re: This Seed Must Grow...
yitwail wrote:
GeorgeCrofton wrote:
I feel that we are now witnessing the second crucifixion of Jesus Christ by the immoral people of the United States.

r l and other Christians, is GC even Christian? isn't it a bit blasphemous talking about a second crucifixion? ............

Don't know anything about GC. Sorry.

As far as a second crucifixion, no it's not blasphemous to discuss at all, since there is a warning regarding this mentioned in the Bible.

Quote:
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 12:11 pm
r l, thanks for clarifying. i wasn't familiar with Hebrews 6:4-6.
0 Replies

Im the other one

Reply Tue 13 Dec, 2005 09:57 pm
Crazielady, it shouldn't have been that way.
I'm a christian, but no worries, I won't tell you you're going to Hell.
I'm one of the nicer ones.

Wanda
0 Replies