Do singers snore? A remedy for snoring.

Cyracuz

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:12 am
The reason some people snore is that the piece of flesh that hangs directly over the hole in the throat (not the thing that dangles down, but above that too) is flabby. When they sleep and the air is pushed past it it vibrates, wich makes the snoring sound.

Now, I am a singer, and I do not snore. I wondered, upon hearing the news I recounted above, wether or not that is related. None of my singing friends snore either. Since I sing I practice the muscles and tissues of my throat, so that the soft flabby thing is not so flabby, so when I sleep it does not vibrate... Just a thought.

The proposed remedy for snoring, as told by those who gave this info, was to have an implant surgically fitted inside the flabby flesh, to make it more rigid and keep it from vibrating.

So I propose a new remedy for snoring. It's absolutely free and painless (at least if conducted our of earshot). Namely singing. Sing for fifteen minutes a day, and soon your snoring will be a dim memory, or dream perhaps.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,197 • Replies: 11
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2005 09:22 am
I can assure you, from personal experience, that some trained, professional singers snore like a buzzsaw.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 11:56 am
Hmmm.. so much for that theory..

Now if there only was a way to shut you up, I'd still be going strong. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:26 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
I can assure you, from personal experience, that some trained, professional singers snore like a buzzsaw.

Joe, we all know about your fling with Madonna but some people might question whether she is a trained professional singer. :wink:
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 12:28 pm
I snore but I don't sing....

wonder if there could be a reason.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:52 pm
I think my own snoring has a lovely sonority..

Wonder if yawning would help the soft palate, or whatever it is.

Heh...
0 Replies

sunlover

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 02:50 pm
My husband has sung all his life, just about, and he has snored all his life, too, until recently when he lost lots of weight. I've heard many times that losing weight helps, but then, what do I know.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:28 pm
Well, my goodness, cyracuz, I didn't know you sang. Don't know if I snore or not.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:37 pm
parados wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:

Joe, we all know about your fling with Madonna but some people might question whether she is a trained professional singer. :wink:

When she's with me she doesn't get much chance to snore -- if you catch my drift!

My, but I do lead a rich, fulfilling fantasy life.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 01:48 pm
joefromchicago wrote:

My, but I do lead a rich, fulfilling fantasy life.

You mean banging a wheels-off singer like Madonna constitutes rich and fulfilling?
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 01:39 pm
snoring is sloppy breathing, as shuffling your feet is sloppy walking. Smile
0 Replies

youcanbest

Reply Sat 17 Jul, 2010 06:24 am
Snoring
0 Replies