mesquite

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 07:54 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

Don't forget this one steve.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=519610#519610
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:09 am
Howcome the name of Allah is always found in something decent, like snow or marks on a cat. Never in the fat of a pork chop or pile of ....
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 06:48 pm
YOu know, I could have sworn I posted in this post. And I could have sworn that some Italian chemist had debunked the crying Mary phenomenon and had proved it to be something natural.

If only I could remember his name...
0 Replies

Derevon

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 04:34 am
I suspect you might be referring to Dr. Luigi Garlaschelli. He showed how the effect of weeping blood could be created using a hollow statue made of ceramic or plaster with a glazing of impermeable coating on it. That technique would of course require a fraud, and a pretty clever deceiver.

From what I've read about the phenomenon, though, very few cases, if any, have been proven to be frauds, and in most of those situations their were sceptics involved trying to prove that the effect is possible to fake.
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:16 am
Weeping Statues Archive
0 Replies

nick17

Reply Sun 4 Dec, 2005 11:19 am
http://www.visionsofjesuschrist.com/weeping68.htm
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:28 am
Derevon wrote:
I suspect you might be referring to Dr. Luigi Garlaschelli. He showed how the effect of weeping blood could be created using a hollow statue made of ceramic or plaster with a glazing of impermeable coating on it. That technique would of course require a fraud, and a pretty clever deceiver.

From what I've read about the phenomenon, though, very few cases, if any, have been proven to be frauds, and in most of those situations their were sceptics involved trying to prove that the effect is possible to fake.

Really? I could have sworn he had also proved that there was some perfectly more natural explanation to do with faulty building work or something like that. Oh well...
0 Replies

Derevon

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 11:44 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
Derevon wrote:

Really? I could have sworn he had also proved that there was some perfectly more natural explanation to do with faulty building work or something like that. Oh well...

I don't think faulty building work will make statues weep blood or oil from their eyes. Smile
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 12:46 pm
Its deliberate fraud. Capillary attraction causes fluid to seep up through the porous base and it emerges from scratches or flaws in the glaze near the eyes. Its just conning the gullible...not difficult.
0 Replies

Derevon

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:38 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Its deliberate fraud. Capillary attraction causes fluid to seep up through the porous base and it emerges from scratches or flaws in the glaze near the eyes. Its just conning the gullible...not difficult.

That's just a possible explanation for how hollow statues with glazing could be made to appear as if they weep blood. Lots of weeping statues are solid and unglazed, though, and as I said in an earlier post, scarcely any of the cases of weeping statues have been exposed to be frauds, although many to be natural.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 01:59 pm
Derevon wrote:
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:

That's just a possible explanation for how hollow statues with glazing could be made to appear as if they weep blood. Lots of weeping statues are solid and unglazed, though, and as I said in an earlier post, scarcely any of the cases of weeping statues have been exposed to be frauds, although many to be natural.

I sincerely hope you dont believe in this nonsense.
0 Replies