Dubious sites

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 09:24 am
I have the ZoneAlarm Security Suite 2006, and like it very much. But I wonder about four sites which constantly appear on my Privacy list whenever I log on to the Internet. I would like to know what they are. Anything with "doubleclick" in its name I know is questionable, but the others are totally unfamiliar. Here are the four:

ad.doubleclick.net
amch.questionmarket.com
chart.bigcharts.com
m.2mdn.net

I want to put them in the Internet (i.e. untrusted) Zone, but would like to know what they are first.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 509 • Replies: 4
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 10:29 am
Isn't ZoneAlarm one of those programs that monitor all activities whenever someone uses your computer? Those sites look like spyware sites to me.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 12:58 pm
They're all adservers, Tk, wall 'em off however you wish, "Blocked Zone" would be fine, if you ask me - personally, I HOSTfile such critters; they're of no functional benefit to any but those who draw income from 'em, IMO
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:02 pm
Dubious sitesYeah, they sure look like spyware to me. I'm go
Yeah, they sure look like spyware to me. I'm going to knowck them into the Internet Zone (funny name for Untrusted Zone, but there it is ...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:10 pm
They're not "Spyware" per se, they're just adservers - visiting certain sites or clicking some things on some websites will cause ads hosted on those adservers to appear on your machine. As I said, the "Blocked Zone" is good enough for 'em and their ilk - the "Internet Zone" really is to nice a neighborhood for 'em - they got no respect, they get no respect, far as I'm concerned.
0 Replies