BIODIESEL, Try it youll like it.

georgeob1

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:48 am
farmerman wrote:

Pumping at 5$ a barrel (if that is indeed the cost) has nothing to do with anything when you know that youve got less than x hundred billion barrels left in proven reserve and nothing new except little 5 and 10 billion barrel fields here and there

I do agree with that. However the addiction of the oil producers to the money is far greater than that of the consumers to the oil - and, as you implied, the producers have fewer and more challenging alternatives available to them. Producing nations will face some Hobson's choices as the end game (for them) approaches. That too supports (in my view at least) my presumption of a protracted period of rising prices, followed by limits as alternate sources come on line - as the penultimate stage of the petroleum era.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 01:10 pm
It seems to me that you will go to any lengths to try to avoid talking about your ridiculous lifestyles which requires that an average American needs (addictions= needs) a barrel of oil every fortnight.

When the Chinese catch up,which they are self evidently aiming to do, they will need 80 million barrels a day.They use 7 million a day now.

Quote:
Amy Myers Jaffe, an energy expert at Rice University's Baker Institute, said people in Shanghai and China's other major metropolitan areas are starting to live just like Americans do. Suburbs are popping up, and there are comfy sedans parked in those garages.

Houston Chronicle

European oil consumption in 2001 was 15 million barrels a day.

A further difficulty is that thinly populated states are much more vulnerable to price kicks and they have a senate majority.

Not that it matters.At this rate of carbon dioxide production it will be land that goes through the roof.

It's a **** the grandkids job really.The lovely little darlings.Serves 'em right for having such greedy assholes for mums and dads.(I gather the budget deficit has plussed up 5 trillion since 1996 which is another little present for them.)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 02:14 am
Willie Nelson[/i][/u] is a BioDiesel fan.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:56 am
I never did like Mr Nelson's music.Dylan blew him away at FarmAid.

Anyway the bio is only 20% which he could easy replace by doing 20% less miles by moving back to where he comes from instead of living in a posh place like Hawaii as a poseur.I'll bet he goes way over the barrel a fortnight ego boost.

He's going to need a lot of restaurant grease.Is he allowing for collection costs.

Hey timber-there's a fair bit of slippery sales talk on your link.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:45 am
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 09:52 am
dadpad wrote:
Sweden prepares for oil-free future ...

I'd tried to start a thread about that earlier here, but might well be, I should have posted that instead on this thread Embarrassed
[But it's featured now.]
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:11 am
dadpad wrote:

Nice promise, but will they really do it? A couple of years ago the Swedish government boldly announced its i8ntent to shut down its nuclear power stations. That didn't happen either.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:17 am
George-

The minister's name is Mona.Nuff said.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:36 am
georgeob1 wrote:
Nice promise, but will they really do it? A couple of years ago the Swedish government boldly announced its i8ntent to shut down its nuclear power stations. That didn't happen either.

They've set 15-year limit for switch to renewable energy.

In 2003, 26% of all the energy consumed came from renewable sources -and only 32% of the energy came from oil - down from 77% in 1970.

(That's from the source in "my threat")
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 10:45 am
spendius wrote:
George-

The minister's name is Mona.Nuff said.

Actually, her name is Mona Sahlin - and Mona means peaceful; individual; noble one; my lady . :wink:
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:03 am
Walter Hinteler wrote:
georgeob1 wrote:

They've set 15-year limit for switch to renewable energy.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. " -- Douglas Adams.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:12 pm
Thomas-

Your prediction about NO getting back to normal in a month sure whooshed by.I'd have took the bet but I thought it was stealing.

Where are you on having women as ministers?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:19 pm
spendius wrote:

You mean in the German federal government?

(Chancellor; Min. for Economic Cooperation & Development, Min. for Education & Research, Min. for Family, Seniors, Women, & Youth, Min. for Health and Min. of Justice have females as cabinet ministers.)
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:24 pm
Are you allowed out at night Walt?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 04:31 pm
spendius wrote:

Since I'm older than 18: yes
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 06:08 pm
Make the most of it.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 03:15 am
spendius wrote:
Your prediction about NO getting back to normal in a month sure whooshed by.I'd have took the bet but I thought it was stealing.

You can still take the one about oil being cheaper than it is today on January 1, 2008

spendius wrote:

I'm an atheist. Atheists don't have ministers.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:04 am
spendius wrote:
Dont worry about Walter, Spendi, I'll look after him.

Contributions here

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68988&highlight=

invited
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:11 am
hey watch yer advertising and self promotion.
Now I gotta go over and visit
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 10 Feb, 2006 08:15 am
farmerman wrote:
hey watch yer advertising and self promotion.
Now I gotta go over and visit
yep that's what I'm doing this week end
Laughing
0 Replies