BIODIESEL, Try it youll like it.

Steve 41oo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 01:59 pm
Jeez the next person to call them "windmills" I'll come round there and knock six bells out of them

they are wind turbines

what are they milling? corn? wind? flour?

wind turbines please.

ok I'm done.

and yes I have tried biodiesel, and it tastes ****
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 02:36 pm
windmills, windmills, windmills!
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 03:39 pm
FOR MAME !!! Laughing

http://www.atouchofdutch.com/images/windmill%20hinge%20box.jpg
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 03:43 pm
They used to say that alcohol and gasoline don't mix. They do, of course, and have about the same taste as Steve's biodiesel
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 03:47 pm
Funny, hbg! Laughing
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 04:50 pm
Take it easy Mame.

Windmills can be seen as a double entendre I think they call it.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 04:54 pm
Really? I'm not familiar with that, spendius.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:57 pm
I should jolly well hope not.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 01:31 pm
Biodeisel has taken a beating over at the G8.

Dead loss I think it means reading between the lines.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 02:00 am
Mame wrote:
windmills, windmills, windmills!
Laughing

hhhmm I think you are trying to provoke me

with lips like that....

x x x x x x

Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:07 am
Have you not read The Temptations of St. Anthony?

If I turned round on the bar to find lips like that cooing "Hello handsome" at me I would get the Landlord to barricade me in the store room and ignore the thudding on the wall.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:20 am
Sorry for going off topic but duty called.

The topic's a dead duck anyway as I explained to you way back then. The more we spend on it the dafter we are. Apart from the beneficiaries of the spending I mean.

Just us poor suckers who don't know whether we are coming or going.

First you're going to save all our lives and then when you do the whole shooting-match goes up in a financial meltdown. And even the kids get it then.

Then global warming is going to have us all swimming to work and next news it's a good thing and whichever of those it is it is caused by us not doing the right/wrong thing or not as the case may be.

Then we are going to get out of this jam, and it is a jam, the easy way by growing our own gas, the active ingredient, and then what we save goes in higher food prices and a few million more kids starve death the hard way.

Mame's lips are a sort of port in a storm. Calming.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:21 am
do you just sit around in a drug addled daze stringing nonsesne together and hope that its sometimes makes sense???
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 09:18 am
Only when our valued customers slaken off their demands.

It was a short word painting fm.

Impressionist. As meaningless as daubing a canvas with paint but creating an impression in the eyes of some viewers.

The Emo for "very happy" is art that creates an impression for all viewers and the printed words "very happy" do the same with English speakers.
LCD stuff really.

I try to use a little subtlety but I'm not very good yet as you know.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 10:22 am
I suppose that you realize that you are required to drive a vehicle in order to best appreciate biodiesel.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 02:02 pm
I didn't know that fm.

What are the finer points I need to look out for? Is it the pump handle being painted green thus proving that filling up with it is saving the planet?
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 05:12 pm
Quote:
One of the things I noticed during my first trip to Brasil was that at every gas station we came to there was a choice of petrol, alcohol, or ethanol. Drivers buy whichever happens to be cheapest that day. Ford, and Chevrolet, and every other American car-maker that builds cars in Brazil designs them to run on any of these fuel sources. Consider then, that the reason you can't run cleaner burning alcohol in your car here, in the United States, is not because the technology doesn't exist, as these very car companies use it in their most basic designs in Brasil. When I got back to the country, we took on a challenge. My grandfather, who designs green homes in St. Louis Missouri, has been running Toyota Priuses since they came onto the market. Our challenge was to find a vehicle with comparable fuel economy that burned cleaner than the Prius, for a third of the price. Pictured above is our '99 Volkswagen Golf TDI, running on biodiesel. We bought the car for under six thousand dollars. Because it is a diesel engine, it can run biodiesel with no modifications. We picked it up at the shipping depot, drove it over to the Biofuel Oasis and filled. Running biodiesel, we're getting between 42 and 47 miles a gallon. Our first tank gave us 490 miles. Biodiesel does not combust until it reaches approximately 350 degrees, so you can store it in your trunk. We carry ten gallons in the back of the car, and then we can fuel when we want to. With a full tank and the fuel in the trunk we've got a thousand mile driving range. And of course, if you run out of biodiesel, you can fuel at any diesel station since the engine can run a blend of diesel and biodiesel at any time. The fuel filter needs to be changed more often when you are running biodiesel, as it acts as a solvent and will clean out accumulated residue in the fuel lines. I've also noticed, honestly, that the car doesn't have quite as much acceleration as it does running on diesel. That said, I can lie down behind my car and inhale at the tailpipe while its running and it smells like I'm sucking up fumes from a french fryer. And I don't pass out. Biodiesel sells for $3.65 a gallon presently at the Biofuel Oasis, but I'm getting over 40 mpg, and my car has the same emissions as a deep fryer. The simple truth is I just feel good driving it. And that makes me happy.

source :
BIODIESEL
0 Replies