BIODIESEL, Try it youll like it.

spendius

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:44 pm
I knew a woman like that once.It was like pushing an unwilling elephant up a hill but by heck once you got on the downslope you had to hang on like grim death.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:53 pm
Don't have much experience with them. The Air Force used cartridge starters for their jet aircraft right through the mid sixties (and beyond sor some models). The Navy stuck with portable compressed air systems - which could create their own problems.

The challenge with the big deisel MG sets on the carriers was to get them one within about ten s econds of a power failure. We had four - one would usually fail to start, but two could carry the load. After a failed start attempt it took about three minutes to recharge the airstart system (if we had the power).
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:53 pm
I tried it, it was horrible.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:56 pm
Are you referring to airstarts? I never had one I didn't like.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:04 pm
Weve got 2 drilrigs , one a mobil , which uses a standard ring gear(?) starter (like in a pickup, the SCHRAMM, now theres an air start that , if we are drilling in cold weather, we keep it running allll night.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:19 pm
Steve wrote-

Quote:
I tried it, it was horrible.

Yes.I agree.But a brave scientific mind has to face up to difficult situations at some point.One can't be timid when advancing human knowledge or rediscovering ancient,lost attributes.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 02:19 pm
georgeob1 wrote:
Are you referring to airstarts?
No sipping Smile
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:20 pm
I think we're all afraid to follow this any farther !
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 07:48 am
George wrote-

Quote:
I think we're all afraid to follow this any farther !

It's alright George.Steve and I were only indulging our English sense of humour.The English goofball (Stan Laurel) and the American expert (Oliver Hardy).Good combination eh?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:32 am
I submit that the days of the really funny English Comedies are gone, never to return. Spendius and Steve should stick to "day jobs"
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 08:59 am
Well fm-

They say that when America catches a cold we get flu.A 5 year time lag.That must be the explanation.
What you've missed though is that our old comedy shows taught us something and we now find all the serious stuff hilarious.But Laurel and Hardy doesn't seem to have taught you lot much.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 09:39 am
I love Laurel and Hardy. They are great. I also love the Marx Brothers. I was just calling it to your attention that perhaps, you should aim lower.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:01 am
The location has shifted under the economic necessity of selling programmes to places where they make a fuss over a breast.

VIZ is where it's at now and it doesn't come much lower than that.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:04 am
farmerman wrote:
I love Laurel and Hardy. They are great. I also love the Marx Brothers. I was just calling it to your attention that perhaps, you should aim lower.
for an American audience you mean?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:05 am
You can't aim much lower than Benny Hill--nor find a better example of the English penchant for low and bathroom humor . . .
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:09 am
Setanta wrote:
You can't aim much lower than Benny Hill--nor find a better example of the English penchant for low and bathroom humor . . .

true! and he went down a storm in the US Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:13 am
Oh Yeah, he did really well here . . . have they ever figured out what did him in?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:24 am
One of my faves of the Britcom genre always has been To the Manor Born
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:28 am
obeisity. Coronary thrombosis. Alone in an armchair, and discovered several days later. BH never owned a car or a house. He never married or had children. He left his fortune to his parents who pre deceased him, so it went mainly to nephews and neices who he never really saw. It was rumoured he was buried with large amounts of gold jewellry....but grave robbers found nothing. Not very funny at all at the end. I didnt find him particularly funny, but must admit ooglling some of the women he chased about.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2005 10:32 am
to the manor born was a bit too up market for me.

Little Britain is actually VERY funny, once you understand whats going on

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/
0 Replies