Is God an Accident?

spendius

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 04:11 pm
He doesn't have a point.He just likes arguing.How can he have a point?It's not something anybody can have a point about is it?

My point might have similar characteristics.

Has it?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 04:32 pm
spendius wrote:
He doesn't have a point.He just likes arguing.How can he have a point?It's not something anybody can have a point about is it?

My point might have similar characteristics.

Has it?

I've heard that your point is quite distinguished looking, Spendy.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 05:53 pm
It doesn't feel distinguished to me mi lord.As a matter of fact it feels extremely ordinary.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 06:06 pm
Take things in hand, spendy, stiffen your resolve, rise to the challenge, and hold your domain.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 06:22 pm
I have no choice timber.

Tell me-you're a man of the world.I was talking to a woman of about 40yrs of age in the pub tonight and she brought up the subject of bondage.I'm not all that conversant with technical terms due to factors I'm not all that conversant with but do you think I should encourage her.She did look rather tasty I must admit but I wasn't sure of the correct procedure to adopt.I don't really like to be thought of as unco-operative in general but I've always had a tendency to look to wiser men than myself to guide me in areas where I have had no previous experience.

What is involved?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 07:33 pm
Bondage, eh? Hmmmmmm ... gotta say any appeal it had for me declined precipitously with Sean Connery's departure from the role. Now, if somehow you could steer her interest toward lavish period costume pieces - Valmont, for instance, or Kubric's visually stunning Barry Lyndon, I perhaps might be better able to assist you in your quest for conversantness.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 07:57 pm
Oh, and coberst - you being relatively new around here and all, I figure its only fair to let you know this sorta thing happens from time to time - nothing personal. Best advice I can offer is relax and go with the flow - this too shall pass, and while the thread you had sown temporarily has been thrown, it will be be returned to you a hundredfold.

Werlcome to A2K Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 04:16 am
spendius wrote:
I have no choice timber.

Tell me-you're a man of the world.I was talking to a woman of about 40yrs of age in the pub tonight and she brought up the subject of bondage.I'm not all that conversant with technical terms due to factors I'm not all that conversant with but do you think I should encourage her.She did look rather tasty I must admit but I wasn't sure of the correct procedure to adopt.I don't really like to be thought of as unco-operative in general but I've always had a tendency to look to wiser men than myself to guide me in areas where I have had no previous experience.

What is involved?

If you are new to all this, may I recommend the spiky yo-yo as a good starting point. When administered correctly (make sure that she is fully health and safety certificated) it will have your welding goggles steaming up in no time.
After several sessions, you can then move on to pointed kitchen implements, leopard skin leotards and plastic bees wings.

Good luck.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:39 am
timber-

I've seen the Milos Forman version twice but neither that nor the previous best forgotten mess get anywhere near the heart of the book.It is an excellent exercise for those seeking "intellectual honesty".

Your Worship-I have picked up hints about some of the equipment your short selection partially alludes to but I'm still at a loss to explain how references to such thing completely altered the lady's demenour from reasonably charming to frightening.
Is this a reflex action?Her eyes were quite alarming.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:47 am
I ought to have added that it isn't a book one would allow the maids to read.Possibly one could risk the movie on them.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:57 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
spendius wrote:
I have no choice timber.

What is involved?

If you are new to all this, may I recommend the spiky yo-yo as a good starting point. When administered correctly (make sure that she is fully health and safety certificated) it will have your welding goggles steaming up in no time.
After several sessions, you can then move on to pointed kitchen implements, leopard skin leotards and plastic bees wings.

Good luck.

fancy a fact finding mission round Spendy's pub? Laughing
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 07:45 am
Lord Ellpus
The point was in the question I asked you. The Christians keep talking about the Christian God as if he is a unique to them only. When it is the God of Abraham and is worshipped by three major religions they are referring to.
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 08:01 am
au1929 wrote:
Lord Ellpus
The point was in the question I asked you. The Christians keep talking about the Christian God as if he is a unique to them only. When it is the God of Abraham and is worshipped by three major religions they are referring to.

As the title question is in the singular (otherwise it would read "Are Gods an accident), and as this is mainly an American forum, where the vast majority are either Christians, or their offspring who have seen through that particular strain of nonsense, I aimed my response accordingly.

You will note that I did NOT say that the Christian God was invented by Christians. I made it quite clear that it was intelligently designed by the ORIGINAL authors of the Bible.

Who they were, I cannot tell you, as I do not have the past brainwashing, nor the present inclination, to research the matter in any depth.

You are splitting hairs, methinks. Maybe you should take it up with the author of the topic, as to why the question was posed in the singular, rather than acknowledging the many hundreds of (who were all relevant and equally powerful in their day, I suppose) GodS.
0 Replies