Why did you pick your username and Sig?

midnight

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 05:18 pm
Dek wrote:
Midnight, you're going to have to translate that, I stuck it in babblefish but I think it looses something Smile

Montana/Rae, me 3!

Después reflexioné que todas las cosas le suceden a uno precisamente, precisamente ahora. Siglos de siglos y sólo en el presente ocurren los hechos; innumerables hombres en el aire, en la tierra y el mar, y todo lo que realmente pasa me pasa a mí

Hmm. . . . I'm not a great translator but I'll give it a try. . . . its something along the lines of "after pondering (time I realised) that all things happen at precisely, precisely now. centurys apon centurys and it is now that things happen; innumerable men (have been) by air, land and sea and every thing that happens now happens to me.
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 02:59 am
My name is my name !! I could not find something which describes me so I just decided to go ahead with my real name (actually, laziness had something to do with it) - though since then, I have acquired a nick name (sparky), I still tend to use Gautam.

As for my sig - that is so meee (specially after a few drinks) Wink
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 09:48 am
When I just got into the internet thing, I needed a user name for yahoo. I didn't really feel like inventing something original. So I just chose the name I gave myself when I was a kid. My real name is Ursula - 53 is my birthday - March 5. I am using this name every time I need a user name. I think I'd be getting some kind of identity problem using different names.

My sig - I found that in a book and like it very much.

Turkish-Chick, welcome!

DeK, I know I answered this question about names (and avatars) before. But I have such a good time reading the explanations. Thanks for starting this thread.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 09:51 am
And the Florida line - I was part of the Florida gathering a week ago!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 10:06 am
Born in '53? Harrump! What kind of vitamines are you taking, urs.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 10:09 am
The day, Roger, the day! In Germany, we use the date the other way round - day, month, year. So 5.3. is March 5.

No, I'm afraid my young husband cannot keep me looking that young...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 10:12 am
Oh. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 10:20 am
Laughing Razz
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 10:22 am
OH indeed Roger. We use the day month year system in the UK. If I used URS system I'd be 118.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2003 10:38 am
Slappy Doo Hoo. Variation of my great, great, great, great grandfather's name, "Jerimiah Doo-Hoo."

Actually, it just popped in my head.

Same with my sig. That was also my high school yearbook quote.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:36 pm
Thanks for that Midnight, very poetic and deep
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2003 12:37 pm
urs53 wrote:
DeK, I know I answered this question about names (and avatars) before. But I have such a good time reading the explanations. Thanks for starting this thread.

Me too Ursula, some great posts in here, I've enjoyed catching up and reading the ones I've missed over the past few days
0 Replies

CountZero

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2003 01:43 pm
The use name Count Zero is taken from the William Gibson novel of the same name.

The sig line is actually the opening line from Sabatini's Scaramouche.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:29 pm
Lettybee is a simple spoonerism and one that I can remember.

(er, I think that's it.) Razz

I don't have a signature, because my ideas keep changing.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:38 pm
Well, my screen name is composed of six letters of my family name and the first letter of my first name.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:40 pm
Letty, what on earth is a spoonerism?
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 12:47 pm
Spoonerism is unintentional interchange of sounds in two or more words.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 01:01 pm
username was handed down from a teenaged daughter of a friend of mine before ketamine and lilk were in da news. My sig line is just so totally me. I'm a little deaf you see. And some say, I'm often preoccupied so that I don't pay attention when others' are talking to me. Also, sometimes I just don't make sense.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 01:07 pm
Lil K', what the hell are you talking about?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2003 01:09 pm
....what?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 12:35:11