Why did you pick your username and Sig?

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 12:55 pm
Does your user name mean anything?
Why did you pick it in the first place?
What do you think it says about you?

I've been using this online name for a few years now, I like short names, its also non aggressive, and non threatening while being firm, a bit like me irl! I guess its quite neutral really.

My sig as well says a lot about me, I'm not normal, I can often intimidate people for the reasons why I'm not

How about you?

DeK
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,994 • Replies: 90
No top replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:06 pm
Oh I must also say that there are some amazing Sigs in use here.
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:13 pm
When I picked this name, I was trying to think of something sort of mysterious sounding. It really doesn't fit me at all. I like your philosophy, Dek. I should change my user name to "Cha".

As for my sig line, it's a quote I found and it's just so darn true!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:19 pm
Dek; I think you will find mostly unintimidateable types here, regardless of your specific abnormality (is there a normal; oops don't let me get you started on yet another thread!).
And for your edification re: FrankA's comment on your screen name, he was refering to Craven (DeK)ere, our chief cook and bottle washer (read head hamster in virtual charge).
FrankA was wondering..............
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:40 pm
chatoyant wrote:
As for my sig line, it's a quote I found and it's just so darn true!

Mine actually came out when I finished lunch with work mates, I'd been chatting away all through lunch (I can be quite vocal sometimes) with a group of people, some of which I knew and some who were strangers, I excused myself by saying "ok I'm off to scare the normal people" it got a good laugh from the people who were there and I like to think its was because of its aptness Regardless I think it suites me and it will be my epitaph (oh dear another idea for a thread!!!!)
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:41 pm
My user name is my name ~ actually, it's short for Lorraine, but everyone calls me Rae.

Like chatoyant, my sig line is a quote that I just like a lot!
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:41 pm
BoGoWo wrote:
And for your edification re: FrankA's comment on your screen name, he was refering to Craven (DeK)ere, our chief cook and bottle washer (read head hamster in virtual charge).
FrankA was wondering..............

Well that clears that up, I was a little puzzled but thought it might all come out in the wash, and look it did! Very Happy
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:44 pm
I personally love quotes, there are some real words of wisdom out there.

Oh and I forgot to say, BoGoWo I really do like your sig too, it made me think.....
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:45 pm
Yep, at first we thought you might be the "second comming"!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:54 pm
My signature line is deeply ingrained in my philosophical outlook; it includes but is not exclusive to, the Yin Yang, the binary code system; where there is no light, there is dark, good is defined by evil.........

And it is my sincere belief (if belief, without evidence, can actually "be" sincere), that this universe came into existence when the existing "nothingness" exploded into "everything", as nothingness was bound to do!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:55 pm
I had to pick something I could spell. And I'm a fraidy cat - very easily intimidated.

Love your tagline, though - Dek - I couldn't afford one. I'm savingup!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:58 pm
margo; we'll hold a collection for you;

I suggest: if you can't claw its eyes out, purr it to death. (sound timid enough?)
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:58 pm
I see the sig space as free advertising for all Wink
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:59 pm
lol BoGoWo
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 01:59 pm
'If you can't claw its eyes out, purr it to death'.

I like it!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 02:05 pm
Laughing Razz
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 02:51 pm
I've told this tale on other forums but since you asked ...

Jespah is the name of the eldest cub of Elsa the lioness from "Born Free". Jespah is apparently Swahili for Japheth. It's also somewhat close to my real name and includes what I always wanted to be called when I was a kid: Jess. So people call me Jespah or Jes or Jess or Jesp or Jessie or Jespie and I answer to all of those.

I've been using the Jespah screen name since 1997, in various communities, chat rooms, bulletin boards, etc. I've found that it isn't used by too many other online people and most of the time when you see stuff in Google that includes the key word "Jespah" but isn't from me, it's usually the name of a Rhodesian Ridgeback dog or a zoo's lion cub or the like.

My sig line is most of the chorus of an old song about Boston (where I live) by the Standells. The chorus goes "... and I love that dirty water, ah, ah, Boston, you're my home ...."
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 03:23 pm
excellent name Jespah, uniqueness is ……. well, unique!

I have gone by a unique name before, dedeffa, which was a bastardisation of the name I would like to give to a dog, deffa, which would be short for "d for dog". You can also type it VERY quickly Very Happy

Do a search in google and you'll only get 3 hits, 2 of them are me Wink

I stopped using it though cause I felt silly when I met people irl Very Happy

DeK aka dedeffa
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 05:23 pm
I picked mine because I love the name Montana and if I had a daughter, that's what I would have named her. My signature line is a line I totally believe in and live by.
0 Replies

Dek

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 05:41 pm
Do unto others…..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why did you pick your username and Sig?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 01:25:28