Reply Tue 22 Nov, 2005 05:38 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 569 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 05:41 pm
Whew! Quite a read, but very interesting. I love philosophy books and the insights you can get from them always capture my attention.

You make a good point. Colors have always been a very good philisophical model. In fact I have a friend who once asked me:
'What color is that Jace?'. I replied, 'It's red Kyle, you should know that.' And he said, 'Are you sure? Maybe your perception of colors is different than everyone elses and you're seeing purple, but you've been told since birth that it's red and that's the way you see it. To you it's red, when really it's purple to your eyes, you just call it red because that's what you've been told it is.' He's a smart guy, though he's a terrible student.

Regardless, colors are a very interesting philosophical topic. :wink:
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 05:53 pm
We do that once a week in the pub Crazie.And it's just an ordinary everyday run of the mill pub at that
and that's just at this end of the bar.We do how far 200 million light years are on the way home when it isn't cloudy as well.
0 Replies

ktrocky

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 08:32 pm
colours are concepts. we see red. the world sees red. regardless of if it is purple, we still call it red. therefore it is Wink
0 Replies