Vomiting Jesus: Discuss

roger

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:44 pm
I used to work with a maker of moccisins, when he wasn't at the power plant. They were just for ceremonies, though, and I was told (not by Mario) I probably couldn't afford them anyway
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:46 pm
Arthur Conan Doyle wrote:
I can clearly see that, in honesty, men must either give up war, or else they must confess that the words of the redeemer are too lofty for them.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:48 pm
i bet old conan doyle never wore sandals
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 09:48 pm
Jesus wept
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 10:28 pm
I don't want anyone weeping here.

This is a serious question and I welcome serious replies but I believe that there is always room for humor in life.

I'd love to have more people than Sturgis answer my question.

I waited until 15 people had looked at the thread without replying before I posted again.

I responded honestly to the posts that came after.

Then it died so why not have fun with it?

I thought I asked an honest and brave question and Sturgis was the only one not too chicken to answer it.

I don't feel bad about having fun.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 10:44 pm
well I honestly never saw it til tonight

Do you imagine why Jesus might have wept?
I sort of re-phrased your headline.

I'm probably not going to post more than a few words any where we have to have a head to head argument or awful disrespectful replies.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 11:09 pm
Quote:
make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.

Jesus' said for us to Love one another. and if one another, was really saying don't just show it to other Christians he meant Love your enemy and If anyone asks you for anything, give it to them. If anyone steals anything from you, do not ask for it back. If anyone harms you, turn the other cheek. (Don't do bad for good or revege) If you really love someone, you not loved them in spite of their bad parts, you love them in spite of the bad crap. You love them for who they are, faults and all. We all have faults, problems and weaknesses.

Following Christ might not be what most believe. It's really not going to church every Sunday, or not drinking or keeping from other things many people put labels on. Being a Christian about loving one another. Jesus said "By this you shall know my disciples, that they love one another." so we're not really saying cut this person or that person

Well sometime I'll give ya my lowdown on heaven -I think people have that goofed a little also.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 11:27 pm
boomerang wrote:
I don't feel bad about having fun.
Mocking Jesus fun? Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:34 am
First of all, let me make it clear that I am not mocking Jesus and I don't think anyone else here is either.

Maybe we're mocking some artist's depiction of Jesus' shoes. Perhaps we're mocking Alabama roadside attractions. Perhaps we're mocking the kind of people who see Jesus' face in their breakfast pancake and sell it on eBay.

And shouldn't we ask "how'd he do that?"?

I'm sorry if anyone finds my headline offensive because I did not mean to offend.

I intended to make a point that Jesus might be sick at a lot of the stuff going on in his name.

I really started thinking about the quote after my neighbor had been over visiting. She is a Christian. She told me about some show she had seen on TV where they take the moms from different families and place them with other families for a couple of weeks.

One woman was a hippy-dippy new age hypnotherapist and the other was a born again Christian. Neighbor was appalled at the "Christian" woman's behavior, her condemnation of her host family, her judgemental attitude. The hippy woman was a lot more christian than the Christian, said my neighbor.

And this got me thinking: what does Jesus expect from us? If He saw such intolerance would it make him sick? If He sat down with some of the more popular God-pundits would He ever be able to get back up again? Wouldn't, at the very least, the fact that these people say they are speaking for Him give him a migrane?

Quote:
Jesus' said for us to Love one another. and if one another, was really saying don't just show it to other Christians he meant Love your enemy and If anyone asks you for anything, give it to them. If anyone steals anything from you, do not ask for it back. If anyone harms you, turn the other cheek. (Don't do bad for good or revege) If you really love someone, you not loved them in spite of their bad parts, you love them in spite of the bad crap. You love them for who they are, faults and all. We all have faults, problems and weaknesses.

I think this is a beautful example of how to live and I know many Christians who, like my neighbor, do live this way.

And I know many more that do not.

And that is why I'm asking - how does Jesus want you to live and is this how you're living?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:44 am
Everyone knows the best sandals are made by Minnetonka. everyone knows this. Even I know this.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:52 am
Sturgis wrote:
The basics...live life as well intentioned as possible and when erring, make the best effort to atone for the error.

I happen to absolutely agree with you.........................and I am not a believer in Jesus, Christianity, or religion in general. I am amused at the attitude of some religionists who think that they are the only ones who have the correct answer to living a good life.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:55 am
King Missile wrote:

Jesus was way cool
Everybody liked Jesus
Everybody wanted to hang out with him
Anything he wanted to do, he did
He turned water into wine,
And if he had wanted to,
He could have turned wheat into marijuana,
Sugar into cocaine,
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines
He walked on the water and swam on the land
He would tell these stories and people would listen
He was really cool
If you were blind, or lame,
You just went up to Jesus*
And he would put his hands on you and you would be healed
That's so cool

He could have played guitar better than Hendrix
He could have told the future
He could have baked the most delicious cake in the world
He could have scored more goals than Wayne Gretsky
He could have danced better than Barishnikof
Jesus could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of

Jesus told people to eat his body and drink his blood
That's so cool Jesus was so cool
But then some people got jealous of how cool he was,
So they killed him
But then he rose from the dead!
He rose from the dead,
Danced around and went up to heaven
I mean, that's so cool
Jesus was way cool
No wonder there are so many Christians
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:59 am
There are many Christians I know who are living the lives that Jesus taught about, but they aren't out there blaming everyone else for not believing as they do.

When I was a little girl, religion was considered to be something reverant and apart from politics. As soon as I started realizing that Christians were just as venal, self-agrandizing and greedy as everyone else, I stopped being Christian and tried to put together a life as close to Christian as possible but without all the political posturing and flag waving and intolerance.

BTW, God is the CEO of Birkenstock. There just isn't anything better than perfect.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 01:39 pm
boomerang wrote:
And that is why I'm asking - how does Jesus want you to live and is this how you're living?

No one has the answer to this boomer, Jesus believers just have their
own interpretation of how we ALL should live and how Jesus wants us
to live.

Jesus would probably weep no less today as he did when Napoleon
marched into Russia, nor when 200 + years later Hitler did the same.
He probably wasn't weeping when Bush was quoting him to have said that
the Iraq war was his (Jesus) utter wish.

Bottom line: non-Christians take responsibility of their own live,
Christians have God/Jesus for that. It's really rather practical if you
think about it. Us non-Christians are stupid to take the blame ourselves.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 06:07 pm
Quote:
He probably wasn't weeping when Bush was quoting him to have said that the Iraq war was his (Jesus) utter wish.

Please.............
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 06:08 pm
Oh I take full responsibility for my living my life.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 08:31 pm
I've have contemplated the best way to try to steer this thread and I have concluded that it is best to quietly bury it.

I am seriously puzzled by the question I posed.

And I seriously enjoy a good laugh.

But not at the expense of offending people I seriously admire.

Seriously.
0 Replies