ISLAM:The True Religion

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 01:08 pm
You have yet to offer a shred of proof of your claim.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 03:20 pm
Raul-7

Perhaps you do not understand the main issue in my post, that claims to "Truth" by any religion are intellectually facile. There is historical evidence about the life of Mohammed and/or Jesus which may not fit comfortably with the divinity myths and such evidence is therefore dismissed, discounted or manipulated. The ludicrous situation then arises where religionists each accuse the other of such selectivity whilst denying it themselves !
0 Replies

Raul-7

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 04:33 pm
Momma Angel wrote:

Who are you talking to? If it is aimed at me, then I already posted that article on why Jesus is not the son of God. What else do you want?

Fresco, Islam is based on the teachings of the original Torah and Bible, but the key difference is that it remains unchanged and it is an upgrade to the two previous holy books.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 04:43 pm
Raul-7
Upgrade! You mean distortion don't you?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 05:14 pm
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 03:14 pm
fresco wrote:
Jesus was a political leader with a messianic predisposition which sent him deliberately "looking for trouble" in Jerusalem at Passover time when the Romans were always on the alert for "Moses Imitatators".

Mohammed was an epileptic prone to hallucinogenic seizures who learned of the "the Angel Gabriel" from his Jewish relations and merchanting activities.

According to these accounts Judaism certainly takes precedence in the history of monotheistic mythologies. However since the concept of "truth" is a function of zeittgeist (spirit of the time) the most recent religion will always lay claim to "superior truth" because it reflects more contemporary needs. No doubt if, as seems likely, evidence of life is discovered elsewhere in the universe "the truth" will undergo further major revision.

good comment fresco
0 Replies

slkshock7

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:03 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
Momma Angel wrote:

Who are you talking to? If it is aimed at me, then I already posted that article on why Jesus is not the son of God. What else do you want?

Fresco, Islam is based on the teachings of the original Torah and Bible, but the key difference is that it remains unchanged and it is an upgrade to the two previous holy books.

Raul,

I'm confused...you cited an article which you contend proves that Jesus is not the son of God, yet that same article states:

Quote:
In conclusion, both the Koran and the Muslim religion are in serious error concerning their teachings on the most important man of history, Jesus Christ. Islam claims that it honors and reverences Jesus even though it rejects what the Bible teaches about Him. It denies His divine nature when it teaches that He was only a servant of God, a mere man. It denies His mission when it teaches that Jesus never died on the cross. It denies Jesus' own teaching concerning the reason He came into the world: "to give his life as a ransom for many" (Matthew 20:28)

I don't understand how you feel this particular article supports your position. Could you expand just a little?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 12:18 pm
Raul-7 wrote:
I only prove my statements, I want you to prove your faulty claim.
Laughing nothing like being open minded is there?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Wed 30 Nov, 2005 04:09 pm
Steve

As Harris points out, orthodox Muslims are barred from risky debate.

"In Islamic Law, conversion from Islam is apostasy-a capital offense for both the one who is misled and the one who misleads him ".

The question then becomes whether you and I are merely "satanic pawns" in Raul's brownie point gathering scheme.
0 Replies