Symbol for Unknown

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2005 10:06 am
I use another site, that is the printed out version of that site (printed unfortunately without the URL).

It's organised a bit (better): letters, symbols, various languages ...
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2005 03:54 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
For someone, who didn't grow up with Sütterlin [do you use At+0252 for the 'ü' or is it on your keyboard?] like me (just did it a bit at school), it's not easy to tell as well :wink:

I would have used the Alt+0252, but I couldn't remember what the combination of numbers for an ü was and I couldn't be bothered to use Character Map, so I just copy and pasted your letter. It's not on my keyboard, although I've got a nice new one so € is.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sat 26 Nov, 2005 08:18 pm
Will this fly?
Will this fly?[/color]

BASIC CHARACTER MAP

Sure enough - it does!!! Highlight "BASIC CHARACTER MAP" and hit Enter. Voilà! There you have it - at your fingertips! [/color]
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 01:09 am
It does, but perhaps for members of your group only since it's in the "members-only area".
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2005 08:00 pm
Thank you, Walter!
Thank you, Walter, for the info about the "Basic Character Map." I would never have known otherwise about this "particular 'requirement' " in MSN Groups. I don't know if I can move the Map or not for everyone to be able to access it. Maybe, when work permits, I'll try to spend a few minutes over there. Once, I lost the site when I wasn't spending any time there!!! MSN took it away!!! I only use it to move pix around the Internet. Tsk! Tsk!
0 Replies

gershen1

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2005 10:11 am
Unknown
The letter 'X' is used as the unknown quantity in algebra although for problems with more unknowns the convention lets us use the letters, Y, Z, U,V. Any letter in any language, or symbol could be used for the unknown quantity.

If you want to use something other than X, you could try, XX, XXX, XYZ, or UNK for the unknown.

Good luck.
0 Replies