How can dino bones be millions of year old?

rosborne979

Reply Mon 5 Dec, 2005 06:59 pm
Setanta wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Setanta wrote:
I don't believe, however, that it is accurate to define the marrow of the bone as "meat" . . .

I agree. But given Gunga's history, this is probably the closest he's every gotten to actually making any sense, so I didn't want to squeeze too tightly Smile

Lowering your standards to fit the source, eh?

It's like listening to the nutcase on the corner rant about the end of the world, and then all of the sudden he says, "Hey, I heard the Red Sox won the Superbowl". You're so in shock of hearing something almost reasonable, that you just figure he meant Patriots instead of Red Sox.
0 Replies

BigBear86

Reply Mon 15 Feb, 2010 12:02 am
@fishin,
i think that its funny that someone comes up with numbers like 700 million years! i was gold prospecting on the south fork of the clearwater river today and could constantly hear huge boulders tumbeling down the river! dont get me wrong im open to all ideas but i think that the land scape and fossils that we see today could easly be made the way they were over a period of thousands of years instead of millions or billions
rosborne979

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 03:14 pm
@BigBear86,
BigBear86 wrote:
...dont get me wrong im open to all ideas but i think that the land scape and fossils that we see today could easly be made the way they were over a period of thousands of years instead of millions or billions

Uh no. They couldn't be.

Our understanding of chemistry, physics, geology and biology are sufficient to allow us to accurately date the fossils and landscapes around us. To a high degree of certainty, we know the age of things.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2010 03:20 pm
@BigBear86,
I blame a post like this on Christian homeschooling or a public school in
East Jesus, Kentucky. Pure ignorance and proud of it. If you are really open to ideas BigBear, I suggest you study a little harder - and this time use science books and not books with a religious agenda.
0 Replies

SAMIESUNNY

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 02:30 pm
@Setanta,
GO TO HELL LOSER THIS IS 4 A PROJECT THAT IS WORT 3/4 % OF MY GRADE IF U DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER THAN GET ONE U *&$%#@
parados

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 03:17 pm
@SAMIESUNNY,
SAMIESUNNY wrote:

GO TO HELL LOSER THIS IS 4 A PROJECT THAT IS WORT 3/4 % OF MY GRADE IF U DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER THAN GET ONE U *&$%#@

I guess 3/4 of your grade depends on someone else supplying your answer and you want to call those people that aren't doing your work names?
Setanta

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 03:33 pm
Not a terribly sunny individual, eh?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 03:59 pm
@parados,
WORT 3/4 %. As warts go, that's a big un. If it's a percentage, it ain't much.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 04:31 pm
@SAMIESUNNY,
Um, do ya realize the post you are getting all worked up over to was written six years ago?
0 Replies

Ashley1980

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 01:52 am
@Setanta,
I dont push religion on anyone.. Especially those who do not believe... But I truly feel sorry for those that will be lost in hell... God has proven his existence to me personally and not through some random belief. May god have mercy on the disbelievers...

Jesus loves us all

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2015 10:51 pm
@Ashley1980,
Ashley...to say that sought of thing try and prove it next time Wink
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sun 26 Apr, 2015 11:09 pm
Now, that's entertainment!
0 Replies

ajgv555

Reply Thu 27 Apr, 2017 09:10 am
@EndZone,
dino bones ore probably only hundreds of years old not millions or even thousands.
Ragman

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2017 06:03 am
@ajgv555,
Drunk
Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 01:05 am
They're getting good radiocarbon dates for dinosaur soft tissue now and those dates all seem to come in a range of 20,000 - 40,000 years.

farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 06:25 am
@gungasnake,
12 years later and gunga is still preachin his junk. Gene Michael Ficher, the founder of the NEW GEOLOGY blog, has no real interest in factual science, he just wants to push his Old TEstament BS.

#sadreally
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 06:38 am
https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=dinosaur+++radiocarbon&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 06:55 am
Good grief.

I'm looking forward with enthusiasm to the day when my generation is entirely dead.
farmerman

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 07:52 am
@blatham,
radio carbon dating dinosaur bones is like cooking chicken in motor oil. You can go through the exercise but all you get back is garbage
blatham

Reply Sun 30 Apr, 2017 08:04 am
@farmerman,
Some years ago, I was talking with a young earth creationist who spouted the standard patter on carbon dating as inaccurate. I pointed out that we had a very good means of verifying it's accuracy and it's rate of divergence via tree rings. She was clearly thrown sideways. A week later, she'd apparently managed to forget. Praise be the almighty.
0 Replies