Peculiar message while trying to access a website

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 11:51 am
I am trying to access wausaubenefits.com, but keep getting their home page with the message "Your connection to our application could not be established. Please close your browser, open a new browser and try again."

I have only one browser, i.e. Firefox. Is this a problem with Wausau or with Firefox? Could it be due to excess traffic (this is a medical insurance site - maybe Medicare D has caused a clog?) Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 437 • Replies: 8
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 03:09 pm
Seems to open fine for me w/Firefox 1.5 Beta and Firefox 1.0.7, Netscape 8.0.7, Opera 8.5, and both IE 6 and IE 7. Opens quicker with IE than with the alternates, and without Certificate Warnings. Might be something with a security/privacy setting in your Firefox.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 03:15 pm
Timber - I'm beginning to have second thoughts about dropping IE. Is it best to have an alternate browser?

Problem: I can't go back to IE until my new credit card comes - the old one got lost, cancelled, and found, in that order, and now we are reduced to using checks. It's only a matter of time, of course, but gee whiz, what a nuisance!
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 03:39 pm
A need for IE more or less comes with the territory if your Operating System is Windows. Doesn't hafta be your default browser, but it should be in your toolbox. Among other reasons, some websites work better, some even only, with it, and Microsoft updates are much more readilly accesible with IE.

Dunno why financial issues would enter the picture. If you removed IE from your machine, you should be able to reinstall it from your Windows CD, via "Add Components", or you can download it free from HERE, and reinstall it - though that'll take a while, particularly if you're on dialup.

Anyhow, no problem having an alternate browser - even making an alternate browser your default selection. Its best though to keep IE around, and updated, even if you don't use it much.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 05:50 pm
Peculiar
I assumed I'd have to subscribe to IE, and of course, with no Mastercard I can't do anything that requires a credit card number.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 06:01 pm
No subscription is involved; IE is an integral component of Windows.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 06:35 pm
When I click on the IE icon I get "Internet Explorer provided by Comcast", but it has no address bar, so I can't access anything through it.

So maybe I should try to download it? (I don't have dialup any more, BTW; it's cable).
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 06:38 pm
I have IE 6 SP2, but it doesn't seem to function as a browser.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 06:47 pm
OK, all is well; must have been some kind of glitch with IE, but it's working fine now and I reached Wausau.
0 Replies