i love writing poems.. but help

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 02:50 pm
i love writing poetry...
i can just sit down and if theres a a pen or pencil and a paper (or even napkin! haha) by me..
im writing poems..
around 99% of my poems are love poems..
ive experienced love so i have a lot to write about..
and i have ALOT of poems...
but i dont trust people these days..
and i take my friends anf families advice to keep my poems to myself and my friends.. for now..
because people can copy and paste and get credit for writing YOUR poem..
so im only 15.. but im planning on finding a way to get my poems published...
anyone here have any tips on how or where or anything? please reply
thnx :wink:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,269 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 02:56 pm
I write what I see. Or what I feel. Or what I dream. To limit yourself to one genre is like eating pizza for the rest of your life. Sure, you love pizza but after a while the pizza doesn't taste as good and you want steak. Just sit down and start writing. Anything. Words, broken sentences, anything. Get your creative juices flowing. Each poem is you on paper in some form, whether you experienced the events in your poem or you just dreamed about them. Each poem is uniquely yours so don't limit yourself. Love poems are fine but nature poems can be about love. And love poems can be about nature. Do you see what I am saying? A poets speciality is that only he can write down the world from his eyes.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 03:21 pm
i agree
Bella Dea wrote:
I write what I see. Or what I feel. Or what I dream. To limit yourself to one genre is like eating pizza for the rest of your life. Sure, you love pizza but after a while the pizza doesn't taste as good and you want steak. Just sit down and start writing. Anything. Words, broken sentences, anything. Get your creative juices flowing. Each poem is you on paper in some form, whether you experienced the events in your poem or you just dreamed about them. Each poem is uniquely yours so don't limit yourself. Love poems are fine but nature poems can be about love. And love poems can be about nature. Do you see what I am saying? A poets speciality is that only he can write down the world from his eyes.

yeah i totally agree
and actually like 30 % of my poems dont go into the category of love
i wrote some nature ones.. and a lot about just my feelings...
but betrayal, sadness, heartbreaks, i count those as part of love too usually
that why i eggxaterated (sorry dont kno the spelling) a litttle..
but anyways.. i have hundreds of poems.. and still need to kno wat i can do to them.. ltkaing about publishing i mean..
but dont kno where, how, what.. Confused

0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 05:21 pm
I write about anything that inspires me at the moment. I write my dreams, mild erotic poems, love. Just about any topic.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 05:23 pm
I never wrote a suicidal poem.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:22 pm
poems
AngeliqueEast wrote:
I write about anything that inspires me at the moment. I write my dreams, mild erotic poems, love. Just about any topic.

can see an example- a couple of ur poems please? Very Happy
0 Replies

CrazyDiamond

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 01:20 am
If you want poems go straight to the spontaneus poems thread. There's some good stuff in there...
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 03:39 am
Re: poems
loveislikearose3 wrote:
AngeliqueEast wrote:

can see an example- a couple of ur poems please? Very Happy

You can find a few on this section of the forum (original writing). A few in english, and a few in spanish. Most of my best are in a journal I'm creating.

If you want to write better you have to write, write, write, practice, practice, practice, practice Exclamation

I will post more later, from recent challenges I have been given. Smile
0 Replies

daltonsfavoritegirl

Reply Mon 26 Feb, 2007 07:17 pm
snow
i love poems about weather, its just so mysterious. i love it. i will post some on wednesday Embarrassed
0 Replies