Virtual Buck Pole

CatFisH

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 11:27 am
fortunately we have a body shop here at work...they threatened to put a 6 inch steel pipe bumper on my truck to keep from repairing it so often...

that deer looked to be 2 1/2 years old...He would have been a nice one to let go another year or two...I encountered his daddy up the road a piece...now I TRIED to hit him with the Ford...ducked into the swamp b/4 I could get on him...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 12:42 pm
Did no one notice who that was in the last pic I posted?

Hint: It's not me. Wink
0 Replies

CatFisH

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 08:16 pm
itz the Motor City Madman...yo Ted!
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 01:13 pm
http://www.outdoorweblog.com/Christmas%20Deer.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 01:18 pm
Funny jp, I was just thinking of this thread today.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 01:19 pm
Bag any good ones this year?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 01:22 pm
No, I'm relocating and haven't established Michigan residency yet (not officially with the state, anyway). I'll do that in a couple weeks after I finish some work related travel. The retards here will cut a piece out of your old DL and give you a temporary piece of paper to drive with. I don't know if the TSA folks will accept that or not

A new coworker bagged several does this year, all with his bow.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 01:29 pm
Do you bow hunt or use a gun? I have a an uncle that uses a muzzle loader... I don't think he has ever gotten one with it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:02 pm
Pa is the first state to have an atlatl season. Its only valid for deer, no small game or elk or bear.
No pussy tree stands or "comfie blinds" with atlatl hunting. You need a good space about you to follow through .

Itd be great to hunt deer with an atlatl in Philly suburbs. You lie between the shrubbery and wait till the deer show up to browse , then SWISH, you put one through a picture window.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:04 pm
Typically gun. I'm thinking of trying bow though. It takes a lot more patience, as you have to get them in so close, typically with bait and/or scent. Muzzle loader season is for purists who like to tout their firearms skills - one shot, one kill. Nothing wrong with that, but even modern muzzle loaders are suceptible to wet weather.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:05 pm
farmerman wrote:
Pa is the first state to have an atlatl season. Its only valid for deer, no small game or elk or bear.
No pussy tree stands or "comfie blinds" with atlatl hunting. You need a good space about you to follow through .

Itd be great to hunt deer with an atlatl in Philly suburbs. You lie between the shrubbery and wait till the deer show up to browse , then SWISH, you put one through a picture window.

Maybe I'll try spear. Wink

https://secure.viapointe.com/graphics/00000016/craveman.jpg
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:10 pm
that little doohicky in the tail end of the spear IS an atlatl. So nugent has tried this form of hunting?

Id like to try it for salmon fishing or for tuna (need a wire leader attached sos not to lose the fish) Ill have to think about the rigging so I dont get wound up in all the line and go overboard
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 02:12 pm
I have no idea, but I guess he's familiar with it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 17 Jan, 2006 12:32 pm
http://www.wimp.com/deerprank/

Very Happy
0 Replies