Virtual Buck Pole

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:25 am
It's the peak of the rut, and hunters as well as minivans are bagging deer. Post your kill here.

Here's a monster 10-point from 2004:

http://www.edchad.com/gonzogallery/MIRANDA%202004.jpg

Also, watch out for all the pansy antis that are going to show up here. We wouldnt' want any of them to get hurt, now would we?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,414 • Replies: 33
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 07:52 am
And here's the real deal, scoring 195, taken with a bow this year near Marshall, MI!!!! New youth state record.

http://www.wzzm13.com/assetpool/images/05102910200_bilde1.jpg

Kid is only 16. He'll likely never be able to top this.
0 Replies

dontdoit

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:53 am
No problem here but one rule of dead animal pictures is to wipe off excess blood.
Other than that, fire up the BBQ BABY! Idea
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 12:56 pm
pffftttt. I love venison - actually just about any game. Never found a decent recipe for antler. Gimme a nice, fat, 3-4-year-old doe any day.

Not much meat on a picture, either.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 01:00 pm
If you eat it, shoot it. If you kill it for it's rack and leave the carcass, you should be shot. That's my rule. Smile
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 02:34 pm
Kill 'em AND grill 'em. Very Happy

Lotsa ruined venison all over the roads around here. Such a waste.
0 Replies

dontdoit

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 02:41 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
If you eat it, shoot it. If you kill it for it's rack and leave the carcass, you should be shot. That's my rule. Smile

I couldn't tell you of any hunter that thinks differently.
Can you?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 02:43 pm
dontdoit wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

I couldn't tell you of any hunter that thinks differently.
Can you?

Uh, yeah.

Or I wouldn't have said it. There are plenty of people who do stuff like that. Never heard of killing animals for their skins? Or the ivory in an elephants tusk? And there are people who are more concerned with the rack of a deer than the meat of it.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 02:50 pm
Those aren't hunters typically Bella, those are poachers. Big difference. Hunters support wildlife populations by buying licenses and following the rules.

Trapping is a perfectly legitimate way to reduce problem animal populations, why waste the pelts from the beaver or coyote?

Some people hunt trophies, which I suppose is OK as long as the population can support it or needs to be reduced.
0 Replies

dontdoit

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:41 pm
BINGO!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 09:43 pm
dontdoit, I hope you are a member of both the NRA and TNUSA.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 10:16 pm
Just a little one... Wink

http://www.tednugent.com/ranch/hunting_photos/photo1.jpg
0 Replies

dontdoit

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 08:50 pm
And Washington State Bowhunters. Cool
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 08:04 am
cjhsa wrote:

Some people hunt trophies, which I suppose is OK as long as the population can support it or needs to be reduced.

Don't they have a special licences doled out during those high population times for does and what not?

I don't agree in the whole "population control" thing really.

It's the whole survival thing. A lion doesn't kill a gazelle to keep it's rack. We are the only species that does things like that.
0 Replies

CatFisH

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 10:51 pm
9 point taken with chrome plated ballistic -tipped bumper...fired from a Ford F150 @ 55MPH...fine backstraps served with garlic and butter

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/kingfish711/IMG_2853.jpg
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 10:58 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

You'd prefer to leave the critters free to experience starvation, disease, inbreeding, and vehicle impact? Apart from hunters, traffic, and germs, deer are essentially without predators ... thanks, of course, to humankind's previous efforts.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:02 am
That's a fine looking buck Catfish, I take it it is legal to shoot game from a vehicle in Mississippi.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 07:34 am
timberlandko wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

You'd prefer to leave the critters free to experience starvation, disease, inbreeding, and vehicle impact? Apart from hunters, traffic, and germs, deer are essentially without predators ... thanks, of course, to humankind's previous efforts.

You do have a point. I was going to say yes, that's life and nature, but we have messed up the natural cycle of things so perhaps I will have to reconsider my point.

I have nothing against hunters.
0 Replies

CatFisH

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 08:36 am
cjhsa wrote:
That's a fine looking buck Catfish, I take it it is legal to shoot game from a vehicle in Mississippi.

definitely illegal to shoot FROM a truck...this buck was taken WITH a truck...$2200 in repairs..certainly the best buck I've taken with a truck..I'm on a roll of sorts...one deer a year with a vehicle since 2000..
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 15 Nov, 2005 09:21 am
Sorry, misread your first post. Sorry about that - hope you had insurance.
0 Replies