Wanted: Name of a burgundy-drinker

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 12:08 pm
OK, I'm looking for the name of a well-known burgundy-drinking lush.
Can you think of one?

Huh?

Our car needs a name, and it's burgundy in color.
So it needs a girl's or woman's name associated with burgundy.

Could be a movie or literary character, maybe one from a show or an opera.

Hopefully one that's well enough known that people can easily make the connection to the car's color.

Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 526 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 03:32 pm
Kriemhild was the legendary princess of the Burgundians from the Nibelungen saga (they gave Burgundy its name although they inhabited an area further to the north of present day Burgundy in France), however that name doesn't have the kind of ring to it that you would associate with a car.
Another female name associated with the saga is Brunhild, a valkyrie, one tough broad, tricked into marrying the king of the Burgundians, but originally she was from the extreme north.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Fri 11 Nov, 2005 03:34 pm
My aunt Gertrude used to be quite a hound for the burgundy. She was well known by her townspeople.
Does that count ?
0 Replies

brucepick

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 06:30 am
Paaskynen wrote:
Kriemhild was the legendary princess of the Burgundians from the Nibelungen saga ... Another female name associated with the saga is Brunhild, a valkyrie...

Oh, this is good. I didn't mention the car is a Volvo, so a nordic name could be very appropriate. It's difficult to choose between these two fine women!

Other suggestions?
0 Replies