tough neopets riddle please help!

geddoe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 04:16 pm
Laurie the Chia had had an excellent day. Because she had no school (it was a Saturday!), she had decided to meet her Kacheek friend Carleigh at a small park near the Island Training school to have lunch and trade Collectable Cards. When she got there, she found out that Carleigh had extras of the only three Laurie needed to complete her collection of all the red-backed cards - Aurora the Healer, Haiki-Lu, and Usinda. Laurie traded three of her duplicates - Denethrir, Kargrax the Defender, and Xantan the Foul for them.

After that, the two of them ate their lunches. Coincidentally, they both had a desert fruit, a slice of pizza, and a drink. Laurie was glad she'd brought a Cheops Plant, thinking that Carleigh's Sand Pear looked rather nasty, although Carleigh thought the same about Laurie's Yam-Lime Pizza. In the end, Carleigh couldn't finish her slice of Meat Feast Pizza, and gave the rest of it to Laurie, along with her Black Cherry Slushie, which Laurie found was surprisingly tasty mixed with her own Skeith Juice Cocktail.

Before they left, Carleigh took a chance to brag about her new petpet. "Just look at this beautiful Wadjet I bought yesterday," she said, holding out her arm as the serpent slithered around it. "Doesn't its green skin go well with my blue colouring?" Laurie agreed, though she thought the Spyder that followed her everywhere was much cooler. She wondered if Carleigh had only thrown in the last comment to hint that she wanted a trip to the Rainbow Pool for her imminent birthday; everyone knew she'd grown very tired of being the basic colour she was born with.

Later that afternoon, Laurie and Carleigh were walking home together, considering they lived near each other. Taking a shortcut through the island marketplace, they found a weapons vendor named Austin running a fantastic one-day only sale, and with nothing but the change they had in their pockets (a mere 350 and 240 NP, respectively), could afford to each buy one Fire Jug and -two- Nanka Bottles! Both were ecstatic the rest of the way back to the street they lived on, Island Crescent.

Once Carleigh had returned home, Laurie quickly retrieved the rest of her money from her room and ran out to buy her friend's birthday present. She couldn't afford to take Carleigh to the Rainbow Pool, which was fine; she knew another friend of hers had already saved the money to do so. Instead, she opted for a somewhat humorous gift: An exact Plushie replica of Carleighs current, plain-coloured form! Grinning as she imagined what the girl would say, Laurie went back to her room.

After hiding the present securely in her closet for safekeeping until her friend's birthday, Laurie was so exhausted, she fell asleep as soon as she sat down on her Straw Sofa. All in all, it had been a magnificent day. But though she'd never know it, there was just one peculiarity...

YOUR QUESTION:

One thing about Lauries day was odd, indeed! The Chia didn't pick up on it... Did you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 926 • Replies: 4
No top replies

geddoe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 04:19 pm
Heres another one

"It looks like they'll be here soon," the young Grundo said as he looked out the window of his humble Kreludor home, watching the forces of Doctor Sloth closing in on his village. Any minute they would be upon him, and surely the poor defense forces of his town would be overwhelmed by the better-equipped hordes. What a surprise to wake up to, he thought . . . panicked, he ran from his cluttered room into the kitchen, trying to find his parent.

"Mum! They're almost here! We need to get out soo--"

He cut himself short, seeing no sign of his mother but only a hastily inked note lying on the shiny steel counter before him. He picked it up, his eyes growing steadily wider as he read.

"Son - This morning while you were still asleep, a messenger arrived at the house and informed me that the evacuation caravan we had been counting on to escape with had been intercepted by Sloth's scouts and forced to turn away. Knowing we cannot stay here in the village and survive, I am going to seek out support from a larger unit a distance down the road. I am leaving you this note in case something happens to me, or if I am just not back by the time you wake up."

"If the new evacuation unit does not arrive in time, you may have to stall the advancing troops by putting up a fight. There is a store of powerful weapons in the house I have amassed in secret over time; these should be more than enough to overpower anyone who tries to take the house. Under the rug in the living room is a reinforced floor safe with the equipment inside it."

"However, in case this note is found by the enemy, I will give you the combination to the safe in terms only you can understand. I do not want the things I have stored away to fall to Sloth's armies. I hope you are sharp enough to decipher this before it's too late."

"First, go to the drawer where I keep my recipies and find the card for your Gnfard's favourite pie. You know, the one he always carries with him into battle? I have attached to it a photograph of the shield he invented. The combination to the safe is four numbers, each in a certain direction. From the registered name of the shield, take the first and last letters of the first word, and translate each to the number of its position in the alphabet. Do the same to the first and last letters of the second word. For the first word, if a letter is one of the first 13 in the alphabet, turn the safe dial right towards that number. If it is one of the latter 13, turn it left towards the corresponding number. Invert this rule for the second word. Once you have all four numbers and directions, enter them into the safe dial in the reverse order in which they are encoded in the name of the shield. The safe should then open."

"I hope to arrive home with help soon, but if not, I hope also that you can obtain the things I am leaving for you. Please be there when I get back . . ."

The Grundo, having not the time to find shock at the note, immediately rushed to the recipies drawer and began sorting through cards. Finding the correct one, he pulled it out - but found only a swarm of space Vernax pests, chewing on the ruined and unrecognizable remains of the picture intended to be his guide.

But wait! Maybe he wasn't doomed, he thought, the name of the shield suddenly coming to him from memory. And sure enough, after a few moments working with a pen and paper, he had decoded the combination to the safe!

"Those mutant freaks are going to pay now," he said as he spun the cold steel dial...

YOUR QUESTION:

What was the combination to the safe?
0 Replies

geddoe

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 07:07 pm
ughh the first ones bugging me so much!
0 Replies

geddoe

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2005 03:29 pm
o_O no one can help?
0 Replies

geddoe