17 alleged would be Islamic terrorists arrested in Australia

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 07:50 pm
It's not called narrowness dlowan, it's called having faith that what the Bible says is true.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:04 pm
Momma Angel, I know you are a well meaning soul, but you actually do not know of what you speak.

Islam is to judaism what christianity is ....an offshoot which believes a particular prophet is it and a bit.

They are branches from the same tree.

You can deny this, but history is against you.

Muslims, indeed, call all three religions "The people of the book."

I suspect your reasons for saying islam's is not the same god is because you have bought all the propaganda vilifying the islamic god.

The bible is a rorschach, what people wish to find in it they will......I suspect the koran is the same. Many christians find hate and justification for evil behaviour in the bible, because they get from it what they will. Similarly inclined muslims will find similar things in the koran.

Other jews, christians and muslims find a very compassionate and merciful god in their books.

Have you ever read the koran? Have you studied it that you say its god is so dissimilar to yours?

Why not have a look?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:08 pm
Oh yes dlowan, I have read much of the koran and about the so called prophet Muhammed. Allah is not God. Muhammed is not a prophet. And the koran is not God breathed and God inspired.

Can't change my mind one iota here, dlowan. There is one God and one God only. He sent His Son Jesus Christ to save the world from their sins.

Muhammed married a six year old girl and consumated the marriage when she was nine. No true prophet would do something so vile.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:23 pm
Momma,

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all manifestations of the religion of Abraham.

In the era we are talking about all girls were married before puberty. The marriage was not necessarily consumated immediately, but a marriage at age six and consumation at age nine was not unheard of. Keep in mind that life expectancy was very short, everything happened earlier.

I just read a transcript of a Dateline program that indicated Mary must have been about 12 when Jesus was born. It was a different world then.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:28 pm
Momma Angel wrote:
Oh yes dlowan, I have read much of the koran and about the so called prophet Muhammed. Allah is not God. Muhammed is not a prophet. And the koran is not God breathed and God inspired.

Can't change my mind one iota here, dlowan. There is one God and one God only. He sent His Son Jesus Christ to save the world from their sins.

Muhammed married a six year old girl and consumated the marriage when she was nine. No true prophet would do something so vile.

Lol! HOW you people all believe you have the ultimate truth!

Nemmind, but, since this was not intended as yet another thread to argue about whose imaginary friend is the cutest, can we get back to comments relevant to the thread?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:35 pm
Just believe what I believe dlowan, nothing more, nothing less. I never said I have the ultimate truth. As a matter of fact, I don't believe any of us have the 100% absolute truth of every facet of every religion.

No one said you had to agree dlowan, but I don't think you need to laugh and call God imaginery because of it. Just my opinion.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 08:57 pm
Momma Angel, did you religious folk not go around claiming your beliefs as ultimate truth all the time (look at you saying, as though you had seen it written in a burning bush, that Islam and christianity have no connection!) I would have no desire to laugh and name them as I see them.

" There is one God and one God only. He sent His Son Jesus Christ to save the world from their sins."

This is OPINION! Yet you claim to "know" it, and pop it all over this site and elsewhere. As if you know all the secrets of god the universe and everything! I know some religious people THINK they do, and, in my view, the more they think it, the more dangerous they potentially are. Oddly enough, they all believe somewhat different things, those vain enough to think they know, and look where such false certainty can lead us.

If you couched your beliefs as what they are, opinions, it would be less irritating.

I probably am rude, and you may be wearing the irritation I feel for far more unpleasant chhristians than you, but there it is.

For that I am sorry, as you are otherwise a reasonable person, and a good one, I believe.

But when you claim certainty about matters that you have only faith about, grrrrrrr!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:05 pm
dlowan,

I am not offended or taking you as being rude. We have been through this before (not necessarily you and I) and if you will look at all the definitions of know in Merriam-Webster's dictionary, yes, I can claim to know there is one God and He sent His son to save the world.

No offense meant dlowan, but I keep asking the same question, What good would a God or faith be if I didn't believe in it 100%?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:08 pm
Momma.

Howsabout going off to to a religion thread and arguing there, I am sure you will find someone who wants to argue about it.

I have no desire to go through a weary round of this with another religious person.

Meanwhile, THIS is a thread about terrorist arrests in Australia.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:12 pm
No problem, dlowan. Have a nice night.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2005 09:15 pm
Thankee, same to you!

(or whatever the hell weird time it is over there!)
0 Replies