Whats this movie called?

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:07 am
i once saw this AWESOME (horror?) movie..
even though i dont watch horror... this one i did see on tv.. the whole thing- and i LOVED IT!
except one thing.. i dont kno the title of the movie..
i've seen it a couple of years ago so sorry if i make some mistakes
ill tell you wat its about:

there was this woman who lived with her husband, and some new neighbors moved into a house right by them. they didnt kno who lived there, but one day the woman heard someone crying in their neighbors backyard, and she saw a woman running towards the fence dividing the two houses. through a little whole in the fence the two women saw each other, but just the eyes.
next thing that happens is that the neighbor is dead. the woman who was crying by the fence.
the woman came over to leave some flowers by the neighbors porch (to ease her husbands pain i guess) and she saw the man in the kitchen or something. another thing she saw is the womans shoe, it was blue i think and it was laying somewhere around the porch, she picked it up i think, and saw blood on it. she left it on the porch and ran home.
later, she told her husband that she thinks the man murdered his wife.
her husband told her not to mind their business, but later he found her spying on the man again with binoculars. i think he yelled at her and told her to never watch him again.
well.. then..
the movie goes like the ghost of the dead woman haunts the womans house or something.. but i believe it differently. she THINKS theres a ghost, because there are explanations for everything weird that happened.
First she comes in, and the door closes behind her. She drops the laundry in a basket or watever she was carrying the door opens and closes again. Then she goes into the bathroom and the bathtub is filled water and plugged. things like that happen.. then she looks into the bathrub and instead of seeing her face,, she sees her with another womans face by her, and the other womans face was the neighbors.
then when she investigating she somehow found out that her husband was the murderer and she told him that she knows.
he tried to murder her so she wont tell the police. he choked her or smothered her first i think, and then fed her drugs, that paralyze her body, filled a bathtub with water, plugged it (so THAT explains the plugged bathtub before- he murdered the neighbor the same way)and put her in the tub. he turned on the water and left her, so the water woudl fill up to the top and she would drown. well.. i think she didnt swallow the pills, or something, because her whole body wasnt paralyzed- yet. her toes worked still, and her eyes. her husband stood near to watch, and then saw some necklace on her (and earlier in the movie she jumped in the lake i think to drown herself, and found some little treasure chest, in which she found a necklace and some other stuff) Her husband was staring at the necklace with some sign on it i think... and then he looked at her arm.. and it was blue and rotten like of a dead person's (but i beleive that he just imagined that...) and that scared him so he jumped up and accidentally hit the mirror and got hurt. he went downstairs to get some bandages or something.. and the water got to her chin, then her nose already, and with her toes, she tried to unplug the plug from the tub, and after like 5 tries, it worked. anyways the reason the guy was taking so long is i think that when he was going down he tripped or something anf fell down the stairs and became unconscious. after a while, the drugs wore off, and she got up, saw the broken mirror, and picked up a jagged piece and went downstairs. i think while she was walking towards the guy she woke him up, and after a fight, he took her to the car, and with their boat attacked (he didnt have time to take it off) he held her hand and drove her to the lake to kill her. and the dead body was in the boat!! yeah thats where he hid it- for a while...
so he drove right into the water, willing to do anything to kill his wife, and while they were going down, he held her hand tightly so she wouldnt get away. he would even die with her just to kill her! they were both almost drowning and then the dead body flowed out of the boat and swam past the window. the man saw it and got so scared he dropped the woman's hand- and she escaped, while the dead corpse grabbed the man's arm and help him down, so he wont go up too. (I just believe that from all that happened, he went crazy, and started imagning things, lol, and yeah...
anyone know of a similar movie that might be this one? I want to find the movie.. it might be something like Ghost Sisters, or the Neighbot Ghost.. I don't know!
Oh some things I skipped - the neighbor was actually this womans sister!! and they never knew and never saw each other! And the woman went to therapy a couple of times because she tought there was a ghost in her house.. but that's not really important
SO PLEASE HELP!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,498 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:13 am
I looked it up on the internet. It was called What Lies Beneath. It had Harrison Ford and I think Michelle Pfeiffer as the wife. I believe. And for the life of me I can't think of the name.

Well, at least that's the one I think it is, however some of the things you said I don't remember.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:17 am
Re: Whats this movie called?
sorry for the links on horror, tv, and stuff.. i didnt do that.. this forum did or something..
so dont tell me anything about the links.. not my fault!
Mad [/color]
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:20 am
Now I'm not sure that was the movie you are talking about. In this one, Harrison Ford had killed someone he was having an affair with and the wife kept seeing things. At the end of the movie though, it is pretty much as you described. I am going to go nuts now until I know for sure. LOL
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:21 am
thnx!!
Momma Angel- thanks!! im gonna look it up now.. the names of those two actors.. see if i can find the movie! thnx for the help! [/color] Razz
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:22 am
Well, I just hope that's the one! I know she was in the bathtub and was drowning and used her toe to pull the plug because she had been drugged by the husband.
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:23 am
o wow
o wow that must be it then! gonan go check right now! [/color]
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:24 am
It was a great movie! Hope you find it!
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:27 am
again:
thanks again! [/color]
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:28 am
You are more than welcome! I have done my good deed for today!
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 01:30 am
lol
hahaha Laughing
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Sat 14 Jan, 2006 04:59 pm
oh yeah by the way..
i found it
thanks
i checked on this website http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0161081/