Any1 know anything about cigarette papers...?

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 01:01 pm
Well, i was searching the net for info about black cigarette papers, and i came across a subject about Sobraines or Mores, so i made an account to seek guidance here. I roll my own cigarettes, not joints, and i would like to have some black cigarette papers, because i hate how the white ones look under the neon lights at the club where i work. So do any of you know where i can get some standard lenght colored cigarette papers?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 10,995 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 01:06 pm
Don't you have head shops were you live.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 01:51 pm
The best cigarette papers are made in Spain, and after that, by the French and the Dutch. There are two basic types (without regard to size), which are the slow-burning and the fast-burning. Fast-burning papers are usually made from wood pulp, so that they will burn rapidly and keep the tobacco hot, and thereby keep the coal alive and burning. Slow-burning papers, such as rice papers, rely upon the heat of the burning coal, and cigarettes made with slow-burning papers tend to go out if you lay them flat in an ash tray.

There are also flavored papers, and as they rely on chemical flavorings, they tend to be slow burning (although not always). The Rizla company (which is Dutch) makes (or at last once made) a wide variety of flavored papers. The chocolate papers were dark brown, and the licorice papers were black. I'm going to go look for them online and see what i can come up with.

The Sobranie (note the spelling) Black Russian comes with a black paper, and gold paper over the filter. They also used to make (and make no longer) a non-filter in white paper--and the Sobranie was famous for its use of Jenidje (Yeh-nid-yee) red turkish tobacco grown in Bulgaria--one of the finest cigarette tobaccos ever sold. I did not find an "official site" for Sobranie--but i did find this site. I don't know about the Sobraine, as you spelled it.

I have hand-rolled cigarettes off and on since the late 1960's--i've literally rolled tens of thousands of cigarettes, and i'm really good at it. I recommend a standard size rice paper, preferably a Spanish paper, because i don't give a damn what it looks like, just how well the paper burns and whether or not i'll enjoy the smoke. My favorite blend is three parts Gauloise and one part Three Castles--which i always blended myself by buying both tobaccos--but i've not been able to find it in the shops for years. I'll go see what i can find about Rizla papers. Be ratback.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 01:58 pm
Here's the Rizla UK portal, and you have to click on the button which asserts that you are over 18. I had a quick look around, and it seems that the licorice paper is the only flavored paper which they still sell--but i couldn't tell if it is still black. There is also a Belgian site in French and a Dutch site in--what else?--Dutch, if you read those languages. In that case, just type Rizla.com in your browser and take off for the world of Rizla products . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 02:22 pm
The best paper - well, it's ages back that I rolled my cigarettes (and actually did it with a maschine) - is hemp paper, made by e.g. the FRENCH Rizla [from a combination of the French family name, Lacroix (the cross/la+), and Riz, the French for 'rice'] or the other big French brand, Mascotte.
0 Replies

mommaprude

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 09:25 pm
I was looking for cigarette papers too!
I was on the net tonight, looking for the old "Vogue" extra-long rolling papers for my mother.She has one of those old cigarette rolling machines. Anyhow, I came across a site called ziggymart.com and they sell black death cigarette papers.I believe that they are in fact black, as well. Hope this helps.Good luck and Happy Holidays!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2005 10:37 pm
Mommaprude--

Welcome to A2K.
0 Replies

Phil Lazlo

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:29 pm
@Hendrix120,
You don't have to smoke pot to use the wide range of papers available through "Head Shops" or other marijuana themed shopping outlet. There are black papers available, brown, even an unbleached natural paper or hemp paper will glow less under the lights. You can also order through High Times Magazine or similar publication
0 Replies