A prisoner

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 04:12 am
A prisoner, who was in a cell 60 feet off the ground, was able to remove one
of the bars of his window. He had a rope 30 feet long. He was able to
escape without a dangerous jump of any kind.

How did he do it?
I do not know the answer..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,082 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Don1

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 05:56 am
Perhaps he unwound it then re-platted it making it half as thick but twice as long
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 05:23 pm
The 30th floor had an open window to the visitors lounge.
0 Replies

markr

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 06:43 pm
He could loosely tie the rope near the end of the removed bar and place the bar perpendicular to the fixed bars. As long as there is enough tension on the rope the bar will stay in place horizontally. When the tension is removed, the bar will fall and slip through the knot. That allows him to descend half way and bring the rope down. He then ties the knot to the bars of the cell 30 feet below his (that he is holding onto) and descends the rest of the way.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 06:43 am
"He was able to escape without a dangerous jump of any kind."

How did he do it?

He had a dangerous fall. :wink:
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 03:04 am
he ties the rope to the remaining window bars and tosses it out the window then hides under the bed in his cell. When his captors discover his "escape" they rush madly from the cell to try to recapture him, leaving the cell door unlocked. our captive walks out the door and into freedom in the ensuing confusion.

or
Possibly soaks the rope in water to allow it to stretch (what kind of rope?) could it possibly stretch double or nearly?
hmmm some cotton does indeed stretch. interesting thought.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 07:01 am
Cut the 30 feet rope along its length in 2 thin halves... Then join them to form a 60 feet long rope and escape.

...... did he fall?... don't blame me...
0 Replies

Boy Bee

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 07:54 pm
Oh probably his cell was OPEN the entire time... LOL Smile
0 Replies

Boy Bee

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 08:08 pm
markr wrote:
He could loosely tie the rope near the end of the removed bar and place the bar perpendicular to the fixed bars. As long as there is enough tension on the rope the bar will stay in place horizontally. When the tension is removed, the bar will fall and slip through the knot. That allows him to descend half way and bring the rope down. He then ties the knot to the bars of the cell 30 feet below his (that he is holding onto) and descends the rest of the way.

Yeah probably this is correct already...

what i had in mind is not correct since it has a dangerous jump in it... here was what i have in mind....

he tied the rope to the bars of his cell ... then he used the rope to descend 30 feet below his cell when he reached the cell 30 feet below, he then tied the other end of the rope. then he climb the rope again to his cell. He untied the ROPE in his cell then tied it tightly to himself or tie it tightly to the loosed bar and he hold on it tightly then jumped out of the window... if his calculation were correct he wont touch the ground.
0 Replies

whimsical

Reply Sun 13 Nov, 2005 04:53 am
The answers of Don and Mark I like best.
0 Replies