T.O. has been suspended forever???

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:03 pm
Story Here

Simply wow. Even with T.O. they were stumbling terribly, but telling a top 5 receiver to just not come play anymore surely spells doom for The Eagles right?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 973 • Replies: 12
No top replies

panzade

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 02:07 pm
Hold on there Chickenhawk. There were many who predicted the Eagles would fall apart w Owens as surely as he poisoned the Niners. I predict that this will revitalize a tean that need to find unity. Owens was a huge distraction.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 04:43 pm
Owens was also a huge weapon. Who is McNabb throw to now? Reggie Brown isn't quite the treat to break one that T.O. is.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 04:50 pm
This is a lose - lose proposition ...
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 01:47 pm
As panzade stated Owens was a disruption to the Forty Niners and has now brought his act to the Eagles. There's no doubting the mans talent and ability. But.......at what point does he become such a distraction to the team that they lose their focus...?

T.O. you're just not one the sharpest knives in the drawer. Zip it.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Sun 6 Nov, 2005 01:50 pm
By the way that "suspended forever" will be short lived.
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 07:27 am
My guess is that it is part calculated risk on Terrell Owens' part, since he is dissatisfied with his contract and the Eagles have real competition this year from the Giants and Washington.

So as it becomes apparent Philly will be in a fight to win the division, it becomes necessary for the Eagles, (in Owens' mind), to give him the contract he thinks he deserves.

He thinks he's got Philadelphia over a barrel, hence his outlandish antics.

One thing is for certain. In any conflict between McNabb and Owens, McNabb wins. Good receivers-perhaps not as good as TO, but very good-are available. Quarterbacks of McNabb's quality are not.

If TO gets sent home permanently, if not this time then the next, he is in for a big surprise.

Remember Keyshawn Johnson getting sent hom by Tampa Bay in midseason? Well, Keyshawn recovered from that because:

A) He had left the Jets on good terms when he went to Tampa Bay-the Jets still wanted Keyshawn but Tampa Bay outbid them.

B) The coach of the Jets with whom he had gotten along so well ws now the coach of Dallas. So Keyshawn went to Dallas.

Keyshawn only had big problems in one of the two teams he was on.

Terrell Owens, on the other hand:

A) Did not leave San Francisco on good terms.

B) Will not leave Philadelphia on good terms if they send him home permanently

C) It is unlikely that any coach he knew on those teams will want him if they become head coach somewhere.

Owens had big problems on both teams he was on. Two out of two. That's really burning your bridges behind you.

Regardless of whatever happens this season, I think Philly will make new plans at the wide receiver position next year and nobody is going to pick up Owens.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:00 am
Best thing that could ever happen is to have Owens gone forever...nothing but a disgrace to the entire sport and still he runs his yap about how great he is. Can't say as how I ever saw anything that impressive about his on field ability. From the start he was a prancing fool.\
\

(and I have no intention of buying the book which he will undoubtedly pen..possibly with a ghoster...it will be more nonsense without an ounce of decency or humility...good riddance to Mr. Owens.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 08:12 am
In spite of his talent, I would be glad to see Owens gone for good from pro football (an unlikely reality unfortunately). Every time I hear him make a statement or go through his on field antics I cringe. I would also like to see the disappearance of more than half of the TV "color" commentators, whose repetitive stating the obvious often drive me to use radio audio when available. This too I fear will never come to pass.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:21 am
Philadelphia's problem doesn't lie in the receivers corps, but with their lack of a running game. Last night the Redskin defense teed-off on McNabb because they didn't have to worry about a running back. Eventually McNabb will be sidelined and Andy Reid will be packing his bags.
You don't honestly believe Washington is the better team?
0 Replies

kelticwizard

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:02 am
panzade wrote:
You don't honestly believe Washington is the better team?

Dunno. Mark Brunell is one of the more overlooked quarterbacks in recent history and Joe Gibbs certainly one of the best coaches. Washington was a joke back in the eighties, Gibbs became coach and got them to the Superbowl in a year or two.

I think Westbrook is a talented running back, although they do just use him for mostly receiving. It's not like McNabb has to throw it to a wide receiver or nobody. A dump-off pass is pretty much like a long handoff.
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 05:09 pm
When I'm wrong, I'm definitely WRONG.................

Re: T.O.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 8 Nov, 2005 12:42 am
T.O. gets K.O.'ed

Owens done for year
Eagles say receiver will not return this season

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Terrell Owens can take his touchdowns and dance somewhere else.

The tempestuous star receiver won't return to the Philadelphia Eagles this season -- or probably ever -- because of "a large number of situations that accumulated over a long period of time," coach Andy Reid said Monday.

Owens was suspended for Sunday night's 17-10 loss at Washington, and will remain suspended for three more games without pay. After that, the Eagles plan to deactivate him for the rest of the season.

Reid said the outspoken player "had been warned repeatedly about the consequences of his actions."

"We gave Terrell every opportunity to avoid this outcome," he said.

Owens was suspended Saturday, two days after he said the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch in a game on Oct. 23. In the same interview with ESPN.com on Thursday, Owens said the Eagles would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre at quarterback instead of Donovan McNabb.
(more...)
0 Replies