Abuzz as a sinister video game

New Haven

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:01 am
That's been speculated for some time. Maybe Harvard is involved in a study.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:01 am
Violet--interesting theory. I pity the grad students who'd have to sort through all those posts to gather data for the study!
0 Replies

Violet Lake

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:03 am
I jus hope they're not collecting personal info on the members Wink
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:04 am
Rumor has it that a past employee might have stolen passwords from the site. Remember, only a rumor.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2003 10:05 am
Remember that the Unibomber was involved in a Harvard study, as an Undergraduate.
0 Replies

hmorehead

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 08:23 am
In the end we're all the same. While I like the anti spamming aspect of A2K, sometimes it reminds me of the Village in the ols series, The Prisoner. I am still wending my way through A2K, and I still run the roadblocks on Abuzz. I do miss all the people who came here to the exscusion of Abuzzing. But I still like Abuzz. Its faster thanA2K. But I am intrigued by the comment that Abuzz is trolled by Boston and NYC public workers. Why would that be any more prevelent on Abuzz than any other site?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 08:41 am
I still post regularly on Abuzz -- although I now spend about 3 times more time here than there.

My opinion is that this site has a better set-up as a forum than did Abuzz. Posting and quoting are easier -- and the PM feature is super. Lots of other things too.

I will never give up on Abuzz -- until it crashes that final time.

BTW -- although the nuts have truly taken over the asylum over there -- I am now engaged in several threads that are no different from many over here. Lots of good discussion; excellent exchange of ideas -- and some in-your-face.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 08:44 am
Herb Morehead:

Connection between Abuzz and the employees is political via the ownership of the site by Boston.com ( Boston Globe/NYTimes).
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 08:45 am
Also...don't know about NYCity workers being on Abuzz. It's obvious that pols from Boston are on Abuzz, however.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 08:52 am
hmorehead wrote:
Its faster thanA2K.

Yer kiddin'?

akaRoger
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 08:55 am
How often is Abuzz disabled, these days?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 09:04 am
Lately Abuzz has been doing better than normal. I still check it periodically but participate seldom, besides I hung on there too long.

I think Abuzz was intentionally and systematically attacked and I wonder if the source of that attack was not Dartmouth University. A lot of the spaming was so juvenile as to suggest an undergraduate mentality. A number of the links posted by the more virulent rightwing posters were to sites financed by the same people financing the private neo conservative undergraduate newspaper at Dartmouth .
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 09:07 am
Someone posted on abuzz, awhile ago, that his main object in life was to destroy Abuzz. No reason ever given.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2003 11:30 am
Roger
I agree. Abuzz is much slower than A2K is. Well, for me it is anyway.
0 Replies

KevinCarlson

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2003 11:57 pm
Interesting comments from former Abuzzers here, most if not all of the Bobsals at Abuzz claim undying allegiance to that site, and will have nothing to do with this site ...

If Abuzz would at least fix its broken email response system, it might stand a chance of not becoming irrelevant. Perhaps soon, if not already, it will be populated exclusively with 'outlaw' posters with nothing better to do ...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:36 am
Kevin
Welcome to A2K. I'm glad that all the Bobsal's want no part of A2K and I think I speak for the majority by saying we can surely manage perfectly without all the Bobsal's
0 Replies

Macrohard

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 12:45 am
Who are the Bobsals's?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 01:08 am
Bobsal was a person who posted at Abuzz a lot -and became very destructive - although it became difficult to tell the "real" Bobsal from his imitators - and the real anybody else from Bobsal imitating THEM.

it was a mess.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 01:10 am
Very messy for sure!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2003 01:34 am
Yes it was!!
0 Replies