King Kong 2005

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:26 am
Mind you, it doesn't help matters when you drink a large Coke during the first half an hour, and then spend the final half an hour of the film busting for a pee.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 10:30 am
Lord Ellpus wrote:
Mind you, it doesn't help matters when you drink a large Coke during the first half an hour, and then spend the final half an hour of the film busting for a pee.

They don't have a loo in your cinema?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:38 am
Of course but, having done exactly what Ellpus did and suffering through about half of the movie myself, who wants to leave in the middle and go to the john? Altho we all know the plot and were in no danger of coming back and not knowing what was going on, still, it was just too exciting to take a bathroom break. Perhaps an intermission was in order? Anyone remember intermissions? The last movie I saw that included one was The Godfather, I think?
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:40 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Lord Ellpus wrote:

They don't have a loo in your cinema?

No, but I have a Cinema in my loo.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 4 Jan, 2006 11:53 am
I didn;t bother to read the thread, too lazy right now, but I saw King Kong and I didn't know it was going to be so long

But I enjoyed the movie
0 Replies

hungry hippo

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 01:44 pm
It seems like I am one of the few who thought that it was boring, and one of the worst movies I have seen in some time. I like a lot of movies, but I actually considered walking out of the theatre in the middle of this one. I was ashamed of being the one who picked a movie for that night.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:14 pm
hungry hippo wrote:
It seems like I am one of the few who thought that it was boring, and one of the worst movies I have seen in some time. I like a lot of movies, but I actually considered walking out of the theatre in the middle of this one. I was ashamed of being the one who picked a movie for that night.

Some people like gorilla movies and some don't.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:15 pm
Other gorillas usually like gorilla movies.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:17 pm
I kept my attention. I just didn't think it rose to any great heights (with the obvious exception of Kong climbing the Empire State!).
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 10 Jan, 2006 10:22 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Other gorillas usually like gorilla movies.

What a childish and gratuitous comment.

You never fail to disappoint LW.
0 Replies

hungry hippo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 08:08 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
hungry hippo wrote:

Some people like gorilla movies and some don't.

Yea, come to think about it, I don't belive I have enjoyed any movie with an animal as one of the main characters. Like "Free Willy" or a movie where some monkey joins a baseball team and loses at first, but then wins everything. Hmm, "Amores Perros" is an exception.

But don't take me for a gorilla-hater! I could watch them on National Geographic Channel for hours and not get bored.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:21 am
Did you enjoy 'Jaws'?
0 Replies

hungry hippo

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 09:58 am
Well I saw those movies when I was little, and I think I might have liked them then. But at that time my favorite movies included "Robocop" and I enjoyed seeing cheesy action with Van Damme, Dolf Lundgren and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Because of that I presume that my opinion about ANY move back then is inversely proportional to my opinion now.
0 Replies

Questioner

Reply Wed 11 Jan, 2006 11:22 am
Just watched this movie, and was treated to 3 hours of mindless animation and dialogue punctuated here and there by a slightly scintillating shot of Naomi Watts.

I really don't see what all the hoopla was about.
0 Replies

Futurist

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 06:14 am
why did king kong eat branches of trees?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 12 Jan, 2006 02:11 pm
Futurist wrote:
why did king kong eat branches of trees?

I'm not sure they were tree branches (as opposed to something more like bamboo chutes), but, in any case, gorillas are primarily vegetarians; supplementing their diets with insects either deliberately or inadvertently.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Mon 17 Apr, 2006 10:20 pm
well I finaly saw this movie, while it was just ok the effects were brilliant and I still managed to blubber my eyes out for the last 20 mins
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Tue 18 Apr, 2006 03:27 am
King kong surely has great sound & cinematographic effects.

Also Peter Jackson has done a loyal job to keep the originality of the story intact with bits of his classic directorial imagination.

Worth a watch on a top notch home theatre and big screen tvs
0 Replies

olidude171717

Reply Sun 7 May, 2006 12:12 pm
i thought king kong was great. It was exciting, fun, epic, filled with some actually well done fighting sequences. I thought the CGI king kong was brilliant and so lifelike. The emotion between anne and kong was very well done. While it did go on and times, and occasionally suffered from bad editing, i still think it was a great film. I give it 8/10
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 10 May, 2006 09:04 pm
KiwiChic wrote:
well I finaly saw this movie, while it was just ok the effects were brilliant and I still managed to blubber my eyes out for the last 20 mins

How can a movie that makes you blubber for 20 minutes be just OK?
0 Replies