Bill Casselman, new member, says goodbye!

Reyn

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:52 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Just to provide balance to the "poignant snippet" provided by Piffka, here's a snippet from Bill's blog from a few days ago:

I'm embarrassed this turkey calls himself a Canadian. I find the anti-American rhetoric revolting.

He just comes off as a raving lunatic.

This is talent?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 06:57 pm
farmerman wrote:
yeh but Piffka, I have to agree with Tico on this, while satire is all youve defined, it must first be GOOD. His writing is a bit strange , like someone whos been up all weekend withouts sleep. I dont find him as entertaining as some of the Canadian humorists like Will Ferguson or the guy that Invented the "Dead dog Cafe".
I find Bill a bit on the disturbed side .

Agreed, and that's coming from a Canadian.

I'll say it again. Casselman is just a big embarrassment. Mad
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:28 pm
If he had a fraction of the sense of humor (or sense of the absurd) he thinks he has, he wouldn't have gotten so pissy about the link-editing of his post.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 07:44 pm
dlowan wrote:
Hmmm....lol...did you even know his stuff was satire?

Only because he described it as such.

You know, in the sense that if I were to bake a pie, people would have to take my word for it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:07 pm
Lol!

So, you can't bake a cherry pie, Billy boy?

Isn't that unamerican or something? or would that be apple?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 08:12 pm
Can she bake a cherry pie,
Johnny boy, Johnny boy?
Can she bake a cherry pie,
Darling Johnny?

She can bake a cherry pie
In the twinkling of an eye
But she's a young thing
And cannot leave her mother.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Nov, 2005 09:03 pm
I think I took one example as satire but not another, both quickly read, I dunno.

I do see a penchant for repetitivo (my own word, probably not italian), agglomeration as additive. However, I have my own annoying habits and won't hold repetitivo against a body for long.

I gathered his point in coming here was to answer questions, basically instructional. I'm fine with instruction, hell, learning is a fat part of why I am here. I guess I like it sideways from Sunday, heh - information as it is part of conversation... that is my particular attraction, now near addiction.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 2 Nov, 2005 07:51 am
dlowan wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:
Who is Bill Casselman anyway, and why does he think he is exempt from following the rules? I don't think anyone is being mean. Just a little miffed maybe at the man for daring to insult our site and our mods.

Yes! Damn presumptuous bastich!

As though we are incapable of insulting our own goddamn site, and our own bloody Mods!

Exactly. Very Happy
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 11:51 am
Heck of a lot of posts for a bastard who snubbed us so quickly...saddest is that he probably isn't even reading this.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 02:52 pm
I relish the thought that he is..
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 03:02 pm
I hate relish....why anyone would want relish on their burger is beyond me.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 07:39 pm
Y'know... that would be a good idea for a thread.

How do you like your burger??
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 07:57 pm
Good bun, or perhaps some Brio bakery rustic, sliced thickly and toasted..

some humboldt grassfed beef at, oh, 82% or whatever the relatively fatty number is, I want my hamburger juicy and tasty, however unoften I eat them.

Take cast iron frying pan out of cupboard, turn on flame. Throw some sea salt on it. Fry burgers.

Add stuff -

thin sliced red onion, maybe or maybe not some fontina from Loleta cheese, a local dairy. Depends, but the meat is the thing.

Good pickles are good, ripe in season tomato slice, good.

Me, I may have thrown chili flakes in when I did the burger patties - y'never know, they are never the same from one time to the next.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Fri 4 Nov, 2005 08:22 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
I hate relish....why anyone would want relish on their burger is beyond me.

Quote:
The Hamburger
Beef chuck is the best cut of meat to use for burger patties. The fat content in chuck binds the patties perfectly without the need for added eggs. Add a slice of Jarlsberg or Gruyere cheese, a dollop of tomato and chilli relish…and you are on your way.

Neil Perry

He flogs his hamburger relish commercially - it's actually very good.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 12:01 am
"Relish" on a burger is disgusting . . . and the chuck steak is the traditional meat for the hamburger for a very simple reason--it was originally known as a Hamburg steak, and hence, when ground or chopped, it forms a "hamburger" . . . your boy Perry don't know squat 'bout burgers . . . gruyere my ass . . .
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 12:58 am
IMO, a burger's gotta have tomatoes... nice to have grilled onions... needs mayo and catsup. No RELISH. Pickle, if any, on the side. The bun needs sesame seeds and should not be grilled.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:10 am
What about beetroot then? Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:22 am
Beetroot burgers!?!? Seriously? Now I think that is taking vegetarianism a little too far. Exclamation

I'm assuming the meat in a humburger is good. My favorite has lately been a brand of natural beef called Coleman's. It just seems to have a better taste.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:28 am
I dunno about the mayonnaise, really.... Must be a cultural thing. Americans use mayonnaise a lot, I gather, from swapping recipes here. I can't take a shine to it at all, myself. And I LOVE tomato sauce (sort of like ketchup? Confused ) on my hamburger! In fact, I think I only have hamburger for my twice yearly hit of tomato sauce! Laughing
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:38 am
Piffka wrote:
Beetroot burgers!?!? Seriously? Now I think that is taking vegetarianism a little too far. Exclamation

I'm assuming the meat in a humburger is good. My favorite has lately been a brand of natural beef called Coleman's. It just seems to have a better taste.

Aussie burger

Quote:
1 hamburger roll
1 egg, fried
2 slices bacon, fried crisp
120 g minced meat pattie, fried
1 slice cheese
lettuce
¼ onion, sliced
¼ tomato, sliced
3 slices beetroot
1 pineapple ring
tomato sauce

Cut hamburger roll in half. Assemble all ingredients between the two halves. Place under a grill and heat through.

Eat without knife and fork and without taking the whole thing apart

And being careful not to let the bits drop into your lap of course.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 02:20:41