Bill Casselman, new member, says goodbye!

Tryagain

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 02:55 pm
Dear Bill. Whilst your initial reaction is entirely understandable, may I implore you to reconsider, you are no quitter.

Who was it who said, "Sadness is easy, because it's giving up.The mopers of the world are suck****s and fraidycats.

**ck 'em! Let them shiver and tremble in the dank alleyways. As long as they keep out of the way of those of us who are dancing out in the street."

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Let the music be joined, and let's par-tay.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 02:56 pm
yitwail wrote:
panzade wrote:
shouldn't it be..."gall knoweth no apex"?

gall knoweth no zenith would be better, zenith being antipodal to nadir

Thank you...somehow there's less sting when one is corrected by a liberal Laughing
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 04:43 pm
you're welcome, panzade, but me, liberal? i prefer moderate or even independent, but liberal will do; at least you left out democrat, as in liberal democrat. :wink:
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:16 pm
This is by far the wimpiest leave-taking I've ever seen. If he is such a got rocks in the verbal arena, why not a Gore Vidalish flourish at his end???

It could have been legendary.

<kicks smallish country>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:17 pm
To Bill Casselman

When I joined this here crew, I read the fine print so I wouldnt get my ass in truble with the law. Apparently you didnt and now your gonna pick up yer marbles and go home.
I got some good Nova Scotia friends who go out past Sable Island to catch fish and scallops an they do this in all kindsa weather and theyre kinda stoic about takin ice pellets in the face for a coupla bushels of sea food. One guy they tell a story about had a load of scallops and was coming around when he popped the packing out of his prop shaft and was taking on water really fast. He failed to band down the prop box and even though he had it writtendown in the pilot house for he and his crew to see. They barely got the boat back in and were dumping shell and weight overboard on the way back and one crewman was running pumps with no screens and others were just bailing and the capt was tring to go like hell so he could self bail the lower deck.
Well, he got back to shore on a rail line and pulled out and made repairs. He was back out on the water the next 2 days and . Once, at a bar I saw him and his buds engaged in conversation about the almost fatal trip and one guy asked another
"D ya know why the packin box come apart on the prop shaft?"
"Stupidity ," was what the capt answered.
Now if you dont come back, Youll never have a chance to tell me to shove it, and you will, at least to some of us, remain kind of petty.
**** HAPPENS SAILOR, Everybody here , (except me) has been banned from the boards at least once. Ive been warned.

We are really a group of people who enjoy learning, and somebody like you could really add to the mix of things we discuss.

Like, we now have a couple of Tim Hortons in the US , and Ill bet 90% of USers dont even know who the hell Tim Horton is, including me. Although , I dont care if I ever learn, I just like their Maple donuts.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:19 pm
I'm sort of sad, though. His put downs would be criminally funny. Like the anti-Robert Lipton.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:32 pm
Lol! Well, now, at last, I have heard of Bill Casselman..(still looking at the sites)...what a storm in a teacup this is!

Seems a pity a huffy gets in the way of having a fun member, and we can be fun if we try really hard, so Bill, if your huffy doesn't preclude reading our comments, come back!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:33 pm
Lash wrote:
This is by far the wimpiest leave-taking I've ever seen. If he is such a got rocks in the verbal arena, why not a Gore Vidalish flourish at his end???

It could have been legendary.

<kicks smallish country>

Get yer damned hoof off my country!!!

We are small, but waaaaaaaay meaner than Canada!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:36 pm
farmerman wrote:
To Bill Casselman

When I joined this here crew, I read the fine print so I wouldnt get my ass in truble with the law. Apparently you didnt and now your gonna pick up yer marbles and go home.
I got some good Nova Scotia friends who go out past Sable Island to catch fish and scallops an they do this in all kindsa weather and theyre kinda stoic about takin ice pellets in the face for a coupla bushels of sea food. One guy they tell a story about had a load of scallops and was coming around when he popped the packing out of his prop shaft and was taking on water really fast. He failed to band down the prop box and even though he had it writtendown in the pilot house for he and his crew to see. They barely got the boat back in and were dumping shell and weight overboard on the way back and one crewman was running pumps with no screens and others were just bailing and the capt was tring to go like hell so he could self bail the lower deck.
Well, he got back to shore on a rail line and pulled out and made repairs. He was back out on the water the next 2 days and . Once, at a bar I saw him and his buds engaged in conversation about the almost fatal trip and one guy asked another
"D ya know why the packin box come apart on the prop shaft?"
"Stupidity ," was what the capt answered.
Now if you dont come back, Youll never have a chance to tell me to shove it, and you will, at least to some of us, remain kind of petty.
**** HAPPENS SAILOR, Everybody here , (except me) has been banned from the boards at least once. Ive been warned.

We are really a group of people who enjoy learning, and somebody like you could really add to the mix of things we discuss.

Like, we now have a couple of Tim Hortons in the US , and Ill bet 90% of USers dont even know who the hell Tim Horton is, including me. Although , I dont care if I ever learn, I just like their Maple donuts.

I am rapidly falling in love with Farmerman, even though he looks a tad constipated and liverish in his photie. (More fibre, I think, Farmerman! And drink LOTS of water!)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:51 pm
Yeah, I liked Farmerman's reply, too. Very nice. Well, not nice, but....you know.......

Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:07 pm
Liverish!? LIVERISH?!. WHY YOU... Hey rabbit, I have bowel movements bigger than you.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:51 pm
But, was it smoking?
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:54 pm
If it was a cold day...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:55 pm
farmerman wrote:
Liverish!? LIVERISH?!. WHY YOU... Hey rabbit, I have bowel movements bigger than you.

You have bowel movements bigger than 5' 6"???!!!!!!!!

No wonder you look liverish!
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:55 pm
soz---LOL!!!---ewww.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:39 pm
I thought the name sounded vaguely familar. So, I did a search and found Mr. Casselman's biography. Very impressive, sir.

I wish you would reconsider your departure and give A2K another chance.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 08:47 pm
I read a bit of his blog. Hate to talk about the recently departed, but good riddance.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 09:06 pm
Bill Casselman would probably fit right in here, with his wide ranging curiosity and literate explication of this and that.

Tad touchy - but that isn't new, we aren't all sugarworded - about having a website deleted, especially after saying he'd make mistakes. I guess he doesn't understand that mods don't have time to delineate what each person who puts a personal weblink on a2k on a post is all about, just as he doesn't have time to read terms of service - or perhaps more so.

I'm not a mod and have no aspirations, what a thankless volunteer job, but have watched what they deal with.

The person who owns this site has been shouldering a lot of bills for it as we banter and wallow about sharing information, and has put in untold hours and shares his knowledge freely to others.
The text ads are annoying. We deal with them, heh, those with pcs.

I welcome Bill back, hope he engages.
None of us are princes, even the princes.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 09:26 pm
I love the text ads.

Cos I know they are helping with the cost of the site...bring on the green bitses!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 09:34 pm
I've only seen them when I'm at work, and I never a2ked much from work, or logging on from friends' houses or libraries, and they annoyed me then in first flush. I think I would learn quickly to ignore them in text and check them if so inclined.

I do check the side and banner ads sometimes, out of interest, and I can imagine checking some of the text ads in some... texts.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/06/2024 at 02:18:30