Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 05:49 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 562 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:14 am
Hmmm.. What George Soros calls "reflexivity" I am inclined to call the sheer inconsistancy of people who don't know their own minds. At least according to the example you gave. I tried to open the link, but I got an error message...

But, people don't need lots of books to self-activate their intellect. All they need is a reason, any reason. And when they find it they can go to the librairy hereabouts and take out on loan any book they desire for absolutely no fee at all... Smile
0 Replies

coberst

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:28 am
Cyracuz

I apologize I did not realize one must be a subscriber to BW is access this article. The subscription is free, I think, I do not even remember having subscribed.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:59 am
One guy I came across simply went into second hand book shops,closed his eyes and picked a book.He reckoned that if you do it with your eyes open you end up choosing books you are already interested in and get non reflexive tunnel vision.

I tried it and it's amazing but I read a page or two first to see if the author can write before I buy it.
0 Replies

Sleeper World

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 01:38 am
Cyracuz wrote:
All they need is a reason, any reason.

All they need is reason Wink
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 30 Oct, 2005 06:59 am
Or unreason. I find it surprising how many "intellectuals" are unreasonable to the point of lunacy.
0 Replies