iPod help please

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 07:01 am
I have a new laptop. How do I sync iTunes on the new machine with my iPod which is loaded with music? I don't want to lose all that music, which I've seen happen before.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 899 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 07:23 am
You just have to go to controls, and check a box for uploading songs manually. You can't import songs from ipod to itunes, but you will be able to add new songs that you'll put into your library into ipod without erasing the ones that are in there. Do you still have the old puter? You can transfer songs from there to the new one - just not from your ipod directly. i got a usb to usb cable and moved the whole library - but i still prefer to manage my ipod manually. I think you can do that in Edit - Preferences -iPod.... or somewhere up there in the menu...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 07:32 am
yep, like i said. I just checked. to click that option, you gotta have your ipod connected and on. then go to Edit - Preferences -iPod- Music - and check the 'Manually manage songs and playlists' box. That will prevent you from losing anything you already have on your ipod.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 07:59 am
plus, when you have this option checked, you can play songs from ipod through your computer... not optimal, but it's an option.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 11:02 am
Thanks Dag! Looking hot for Halloween! Very Happy
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 01:04 pm
always, cj (unfortunately)...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 02:36 pm
dagmaraka you have all the cool stuff - well you to cjhsa - I guess it only takes money

and there about $4,000 worth of stuff I want and cannot have
0 Replies