Who do you think should star in a remake of.......

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 09:02 am
7 Year Itch?

Haven't seen that movie for a while, but always loved it...

Marilyn Monroe as the sexy/innocent/voluptuous "girl" - she never had a name in the movie.

Tom Ewell as the frustrated husband left in the city for the summer with his Walter Mitty fantasies....(Robin Williams)?

Victor Moore has the lecherous plumber.

For Personality, I'd pick Anna Nicole Smith as "the girl", I'm thinking she could pull it off, IF she had some real talent around her.

Who do you see as the husband?

The plumber? Now there, Tom Arnold comes to mind, however, between him and Smith, would anyone bother to see it?

A great comedy like that would deserve some great actors, and neither of these two, well, you know....Meg Tilly would have been excellent, but maybe 10 years ago.

Also - Some Like It Hot....

I could see a remake with the Wayan Brothers, take your pick of which ones, I mean, jazz muscians, their talent, they'd be great.
Again, who would play Sugar (MM's) part.

Actually, one of my favorite MM pictures is Bus Stop.
Party girl down on her luck, meets goofy innocent, handsome cowboy....
Brendan Frazier? Gotta be a big guy for sure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 684 • Replies: 7
No top replies

material girl

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 05:29 am
How about Scarlet Johanson?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:17 am
Hmmmm, for which movie?

Do you think she's voluptuous enough?

I like Johanson, partly because she always plays intelligent women....It would be like asking Jodie Foster to play a bimbo

Mayble Scarlet would be good for Bus Stop, have you seen that movie?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 07:48 am
Is Bus stop the one with the virgin cowboy?Seen a bit of it.

I was thining Scarlet ofr the 7 year itch.She came ot mind because of her full lips and Im sure with make up she could look as 'candyfied' as Marilyn.
Other than that Im having a hard time visualising anyone that could take the place of marilyn.

How about Jim CArey or William H Macy for the guy in 7YI?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 08:34 am
OH William H. Macy would be PERFECT!!!!!!

Or Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Yes, and in addition they is so well respected....That would be a draw for people to see the film.

If you had Macy, you could get a newcomer for the girl.

What about the plumber?

heh heh, for some reason I just thought of Al Pacino, he can make himself look rough, and can leer with the best of them. But then again, his age isn't right.
0 Replies

livingthedream

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 03:31 pm
Re: Who do you think should star in a remake of.......
Chai Tea wrote:

For Personality, I'd pick Anna Nicole Smith as "the girl", I'm thinking she could pull it off, IF she had some real talent around her.

I don't think any amount of talent could help that one.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 27 Oct, 2005 04:54 pm
true....

the problem is I can't think of any REALLY stacked actress now-a-days who are well known and talented who wouldn't mind doing this camp-a-rama.

that's why we'll just probably have to go with an unknown.

so, getting back to the plumber....

I just remembered this one line he kept repeating....
"OH, I wish I was dead"
0 Replies

Bodo

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 06:56 am
Chai Tea wrote:
true....

the problem is I can't think of any REALLY stacked actress now-a-days who are well known and talented who wouldn't mind doing this camp-a-rama.

that's why we'll just probably have to go with an unknown.

so, getting back to the plumber....

I just remembered this one line he kept repeating....
"OH, I wish I was dead"

I'm not familiar with 7YI, but what about someone like Jennifer Love Hewitt with a bleach? Or whats-her-face...Denise Richards. Both I think could pull off that role (though one is more talented than the other and more likely to do it with skill).
0 Replies