is it possible to connect a laptop to a TV screen?

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:03 am
is there some kind of cable that connects a laptop thru the USB to the tv?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 616 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:10 am
You may find some informationHERE
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 05:35 pm
No matter how you go about it, a conventional analog TV screen makes a lousy monitor, and the bigger the screen, the worse the problem; a standard TV simply does not have thge resolution require to satisfactorily reproduce computer graphics. A High-Definition Digital TV, however, should work fine, and many are natively capable of functioniong as computer monitors, even having dedicated inputs for the purpose.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:25 pm
I have never heard of doing it through USB. Video usually has to come through the video card. Not to say you couldn't send it through USB but it would be a huge processor hog so don't know why anyone would want to do it.

There are several different types of converters out there to send a vga signal to a TV/Monitor. It's pretty easy if it is a monitor and has a composite video or svideo input. Search for a VGA to video convertor.

I don't recall the name of the last one I bought. It is yellow and looks like a hunk of cheese. Costs about $100. There are more expensive ones but this one is functional enough if you are planning to run movies or a slide show.
0 Replies

youngman

Reply Tue 25 Oct, 2005 06:11 am
thanks for all the answers.
i want to use the tv, because i want to use it to show the pictures that i take. now i know how to do it at least.
0 Replies