christians I know from a2k

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:01 pm
That's Chai Tea's signature line, Osso.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:03 pm
Well - I might argue a point here or there but I'm not going to tell ya yer going to he_double hocky sticks.

I'm reluctant to say what Dys and Set said one time to me many moons ago - maybe Dys will remember it was sort of a nice think for him to say and he does say nices things now and then - just so you don't have the wrong idea about the guy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:06 pm
I would never, under any circumstances, admit to having said anything "nice" about anyone. I have a reputation to maintain.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:06 pm
Piffka wrote:

Husker, is a very nice man.

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:29 pm
To semi clarify, I would surmise that there are a number of people on a2k that I would regard as "christians" but that was not the point of my original post. The point I failed to make was that so many (mostly, but not entirely) people who bandy about the term "christian" are, for the most part, the furthest from such. It's much akin to "methinks you protest too much" in critiqueing others that brings your validity to question. Many that I would consider good "christians" are professed atheists or buddhists or whatever while now and then I run into a "christian" who demonstrates by their lives as just what they say they are. I thought of Eva when I said that.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:38 pm
If defending one's religion is protesting too much. So be it. I do not believe that it is possible, through the anonymity of a public forum, to determine a person's true nature. How they feel. How they treat people. Who they support. Also, it is difficult to gauge a person's reaction without a face to face discussion. Many things would probably be said online that would never be said, nor possibly even thought of, in direct conversation. Online, it is very possible for an opinion to be taken as judgement. Jest to be taken seriously. etc. etc. Emoticons help, to some extent, but only minimally. I am sure that there are many, many folks contributing to these threads that are much nicer in person than they may appear to be online.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 07:45 pm
Yes, my first thought was to avoid attempts at clarification of my original post, I should listen to meself more often.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 08:17 pm
circumspectly circumscribing the circumcised
(or those laxly excised from the bounds of the older abrahamic choppings)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2005 08:33 pm
dyslexia wrote:
To semi clarify, I would surmise that there are a number of people on a2k that I would regard as "christians" but that was not the point of my original post. The point I failed to make was that so many (mostly, but not entirely) people who bandy about the term "christian" are, for the most part, the furthest from such. It's much akin to "methinks you protest too much" in critiqueing others that brings your validity to question. Many that I would consider good "christians" are professed atheists or buddhists or whatever while now and then I run into a "christian" who demonstrates by their lives as just what they say they are. I thought of Eva when I said that.

I think many of varied persuasions have what I think of as core christian point of view in relation to the people around them, basically a kind of willing good - whether or not they sign up for a Bbook following.

But most recently I have learned I'm wrong re the christian points.

I was already suspect re my own heritage points, as a rcatholic.

mostly I see frito pies of faith flying.

What is the deal, to take over the conscient world? No chance.
0 Replies