Doom Movie .. what about Half Life :(

vinsan

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 09:45 am
http://www.doommovie.com/

But some one should also make movie on HALF LIFE (2)... it has more material as a story than DOOM 3. What say?

I have played both games and enjoyed. Half Life's Gordon Freeman appeals more as a Hero (esp after Half Life 2) than Karl Urban (doom 3)

U must be wondering this is pretty late to discuss abt Half Life 2 or Doom 3 but you know I never really liked 3D first person shooter action games.. I used to find them repetitive and not much challenge compared to the instincts or zeal one needs to have while playing a racing game or platform game (at least they are fast and get over quickly)

But when I played Half Life (1), I was impressed and kind of started thinking that such games are not that bad. About Half Life 1, the first version sadly had a sad ending but the overall game (part 1) was really superb ....

But when I played Half Life 2 ... I really started thinking about the programing of a game or challenges in making a sophisticated 3D game (being a software engineer myself)... what challenges these developer guys (who made Half Life 2) must have come across....

Half Life 2 has the BEST OF BEST AI and a believable story continued from Part I (the same disappoiting end in part I is used as the beginning material for this new version)

.... look at the way you manipulate the 3D world around you in this game... its awesome!

Is there any other game that reach this sophistication.. please tell me... I want to try that one too.

I played Princess of Zelda, good game but not as SMART as HL2...

HL2 had put a a real challenge for upcoming First person Shooter Action game developers .... I think !

You may find me a bit 'taken' by HL2 but then you guys can also update me on this.... Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,134 • Replies: 4
No top replies

EndersGame

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2006 04:56 pm
Sure why not a half life movie.
0 Replies

Lucien

Reply Wed 1 Mar, 2006 08:25 pm
The Doom movie was crap. The BloodRayne movie is gonna be crap. If they made a HalfLife 2 movie, it would be crap. So please don't give Hollywood any ideas, OK?
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2006 09:42 am
Lucien wrote:
So please don't give Hollywood any ideas, OK?

No idea is bad... the execution of the idea decides its fate.

Half Life movie, if made sensibly, can turn out to be a hit.

The game has great material for a strong storyline. If you haven't played it then just forget it. U won't understand it anyways. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Lucien

Reply Sun 12 Mar, 2006 04:34 pm
vinsan wrote:
No idea is bad... the execution of the idea decides its fate.

Half Life movie, if made sensibly, can turn out to be a hit.

The game has great material for a strong storyline. If you haven't played it then just forget it. U won't understand it anyways. Rolling Eyes

No, I've played it. It's just that it seems like Hollywood has a supernatural ability to turn good games, books, and comics into atrocious movies.
0 Replies