DOOM MOVIE

vinsan

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 06:46 am
http://www.doommovie.com/

THE ROCK is leading..... Must watch

But some one should also make movie on HALF LIFE (2)... it has more material as a story than DOOM 3.

See io have played both games and enjoyed both. DOOM 3 is highly action packed & repeatitive but Half Life Gordon Freeman appeals more as a Hero (esp after Half Life 2) than Karl Urban (doom 3)... what say?

Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 690 • Replies: 4
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2005 07:18 am
I think that the rock is an OK actor.
I think he will , in a sense, dumb down the movie with his ' family friendly' behvior.
The game is intense and gory.. his reputation in the theaters doesnt allow room for that.

I could be wrong..
but from the previews.. im not so sure.
I will definatly see it when it hits rental.
Im not sure I want to spend theater cost though..

I AM looking forward to it though..
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:55 am
shewolfnm wrote:
I think that the rock is an OK actor.
I think he will , in a sense, dumb down the movie with his ' family friendly' behvior.
The game is intense and gory.. his reputation in the theaters doesnt allow room for that.

I could be wrong..
but from the previews.. im not so sure.
I will definatly see it when it hits rental.
Im not sure I want to spend theater cost though..

I AM looking forward to it though..

What about Half Life 2? I loved it more than Doom 3 as a game. AI of Half Life 2 is a challenging for any new single person action game.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 15 Oct, 2005 11:37 pm
I don't like what this movie looks like in the trailer. Never a fan of the game, and that first person view is really cheesy.

About Half Life, never played the second one, but the first one has a horrible ending.
0 Replies

vinsan

Reply Sun 16 Oct, 2005 09:29 am
True...
Ray wrote:
I don't like what this movie looks like in the trailer. Never a fan of the game, and that first person view is really cheesy.

About Half Life, never played the second one, but the first one has a horrible ending.

Sadly its true... i was also kinda disappointed with that... but the overall game (part 1) was really superb ....

But Half Life 2 is a MUST MUST play... You may get bored at times .... but if you know anything related to programing a game or challenges in making a sophisticated 3D game, then u will understand. Half Life 2 has the BEST OF BEST AI and a believable story continued from Part I (the same disappoiting end in part I is used as the beginning material for this new version)....

look at the way you manipulation the 3D world around you in this game... its awesome

A real challenge for upcoming new First person Shooter Action games.... I think
0 Replies