I need the same e-mail messages in both computers.

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:02 am
I recently added a HP laptop wireless via a router to a cable my HP Pavilion PC was already running on. My cable company set it up for me and both computers work perfect.

The problem is I am not receiving my email on both computers. I don't understand it. Both computers feed off of the same cable why do I not get the same incoming messages on BOTH machines? Can anyone help me here. Is there a switch I need to throw or something to make this right?

I need to receive identical email input common to both machines so I don't have to keep checking both machines for email I am expecting. Well, the way it is now I get some on each machine and they are never the same.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 774 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:08 am
One other thing that might help someone here. WindowsXP is a step DOWN from WindowsMe. You don't have any spellchecker for outgoing email.

To add the email spellchecker look up one of the add ons you can find on the Internet and download it. I did that yesterday and guess what? I now have a spellchecker on my outgoing email that Microsoft would not provide me with in that dismal upgrade of WindowsXP. The step DOWN. :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 10:18 am
What kind of E-mail do you use? We need both the program (Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.) and the type of connection (POP mail server, Exchange Server, etc.).
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Wed 12 Oct, 2005 05:16 pm
A friend told me what to do: Go to the "TOOLS" menu item (ie., File, Edit, View, TOOLS...) then select 'Accounts' from the drop down menu. It should bring up a new window in which there will be various email accounts to select from. Perhaps only one. Select the one you use and click the "properties" button on the right. This will bring up another window with various tabs. The one you want to click is "advanced". At the bottom there is an option to leave messages on the server for so many days. Do this same config for both of your computers.

Well I did and it works just fine now! Very Happy
0 Replies