1  
Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:28 am
W00t thank you all. Smile

jcboy

3  
Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 05:51 pm
Tomorrow we're driving to Westwood for dinner. There is a very large Jewish community there with restaurants where you can order gefilte fish and manischewitz. Cool

http://www.manischewitzwine.com/images/creams_products.jpg
Roberta

3  
Reply Thu 21 Sep, 2017 06:30 pm
@jcboy,
Gefilte fish with horse radish. My tongue is dragging on the ground. And I'm remembering my grandma's gefilte fish. I hope yours tomorrow is as good.

cameronleon

-2  
Reply Wed 4 Oct, 2017 07:35 pm
The tent is in on the backyard.

No rain this year, at least this week. In past years, when Sukkot is past the second week of October, the rain won't let you sleep well but it sounds so good that you learn to love nature.

The grass is always soft when you rest a few minutes on it or sleep under the Sun rays any afternoon, but who knows why it turns hard and uneven when it's time to sleep inside the tent at night when Sukkot arrives. It might be the cold weather making harder the ground.

For years and years the tent has been preferred over renting rooms in hotels for a week. Hotels are a good choice because TV with cable and all the comfort that provides. However, the deal in Sukkot is to understand that things are just precarious, that one must celebrate with happiness living temporarily in a tent. Time for good BBQ, some Rib eye steak, salmon, hmm hmm hmm...

Nice tradition, fun and necessary to get out of the nightly routine.

I did experience when I was young covering myself with newspaper when sleeping in a park, and I think that nothing can win over newspaper to protect you from cold weather. At this time, I can say that sleeping outside, under hard floor, trying to cover yourself with a good blanket, is not a bad idea after all, perhaps improvising a fire to keep us warm...

...

...

... naahhh

We just installed the portable heater... and the TV... and the bluray player... and ordered some pizza...