BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2005 10:10 am
BBB
Walt Disney's "Fantasia."

BBB
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 08:51 am
I have it with the stereo surround restoration of the soundtrack. Outstanding but seeing it at the Hollywood Cinedome theater was a real treat. Now if they would restore it in IMAX.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 09:00 am
wizard
Lightwizard wrote:
I have it with the stereo surround restoration of the soundtrack. Outstanding but seeing it at the Hollywood Cinedome theater was a real treat. Now if they would restore it in IMAX.

iMax would be great! Like being inside a violin case.

BBB
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 29 Oct, 2005 09:05 am
They are able to restore soundtracks to Dolby 9.1 Digital sound. That would include the two "presence" channels in the front to give depth to the soundstage and the extra two far rear ambiance channels. It would be like hearing a concert at the Hollywood Bowl where Stokowski often performed with the LA Symphony. In the 50's I attended a concert there where he conducted Stravinksy's "The Rite of Spring."
0 Replies

Monkeon

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 11:46 am
Hmmm quite surprised Hans Zimmer's soundtrack to The Rock didn't make it into the list.

Ok it might not have been the best action flick in the world, but you can't deny it had an awesome soundtrack.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:09 pm
Some that didn't make the top 25 I like are
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Good Bad and the Ugly
The Apartment

But I do like most of the top picks.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2005 01:11 pm
I loved the music from the Good, Bad, and the Ugly! Awesome movie.
0 Replies

elementary

Reply Fri 18 Nov, 2005 04:12 pm
I'd just like to say that I love the scores to Dario Argento's movies. They're Italian horror - scored by a band called Goblin. Suspiria and Deep Red (Profondo Rosso) are particularly good ones.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 01:57 pm
I take it that they must be original-music film scores with musicals eliminated. Otherwise I would nominate 2001: A Space Odessy, and Death in Venice, and Excalibur.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2005 08:20 pm
Despite their derivation from classical music, all fine scores that fit the themes ideally. I would also nominate the Khatchaturian "Spartacus" and "Gayne" ballet music mixed with some original scoring in "The Hudsucker Proxy."
0 Replies

opensesame

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2005 05:48 pm
I think the Harry Potter scores have all been really great.
0 Replies