Printer cuts text off on right margin

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 03:46 pm
When I want to print something like an A2K response, or e-mail answers to l Help questions, the words are cut off on the right hand margin. I lose anywhere from 1 to 5 letters when I print the information.

This happened a couple of years ago, but somehow corrected itself, so I don't have any idea how to fix it. I'd rather not have to wait around until the printer gets itself back to normal.

Has anyone run into this problem, and does anyone have a solution?

Thanks.
Confused Confused Confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,314 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Charli

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 07:25 pm
Try "Landscape" configuration
Yes, this "problem" happens often with our printer. There's an easy fix - usually. Simply print out the material with the landscape configuration in "Printing Preferences." Or, if the material is such that you can make the type smaller - e.g., you are forwarding an email (even to yourself) - that will often do the trick.

Let us know how if if this works for you. Good luck! Smile Smile Smile

A small digression to share: Just installed DSL a few minutes ago. Whoopee!!!
[/color]
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 08:42 pm
Check your printer settings.

See if it allows you to scale to fit under page set up.

Too many types of printers to be too specific but usually it is under page setup. Also see if you can preview the page before you print it. Then change your margins left and right to as wide as possible.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:46 am
I'm going to try all your suggestions except the landscape one which I did try and no luck.

DSL Whoopee, indeed! I love it - have had it for about a week now, and it's great! Also, my DSL provider answers the phone quickly and helpfully, with only one or two "press 1..." interferences.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Wed 5 Oct, 2005 09:11 pm
Thank you, Tom, . . .
Thank you, Tom, for keeping us posted on the progress of this printing problem. Hopefully, you'll soon have a good resolution with the enactment of other suggestions made by parados.

Apologies for venting (as follows). It is not my intention to hijack your thread here. Please excuse. ( Confused )

Another small digression: I LOVED DSL from Friday night . . . until Tuesday. Some time on Tuesday after the last sent email at 6:30 am until the next "try" in the early evening, my old account was disabled and with it the longstanding (since 1997!) email name!!! Hence, no email received on Outlook Express (or sent). Changing the user name is not an option. (I'm a Consultant - Sociologist - working from home for a University.) Giving up DSL and going back to the old Dialup account may be. Many, many, many, . . . , hours on the phone. Different answers from each and every support person. The last: They'll "remedy" the situation tomorrow afternoon. Dare I hope? Thanks for listening.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 05:46 pm
Re: Thank you, Tom, . . .
Charli wrote:
Some time on Tuesday after the last sent email at 6:30 am until the next "try" in the early evening, my old account was disabled and with it the longstanding (since 1997!) email name!!! Hence, no email received on Outlook Express (or sent). Changing the user name is not an option. (I'm a Consultant - Sociologist - working from home for a University.) Giving up DSL and going back to the old Dialup account may be. Many, many, many, . . . , hours on the phone. Different answers from each and every support person. The last: They'll "remedy" the situation tomorrow afternoon. Dare I hope? Thanks for listening.

THIS may have something to do with the problem you're experiencing.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Thu 6 Oct, 2005 08:25 pm
Thank you, Timberlanko!
Thank you, Timberlanko, for posting the link above! What a "revolting development" - that internet "hassle." Anyone coming up with a "good way out" of it could make two fortunes!

I've just come in from an "evening with friends." I'll check in the morning whether my ISP has remedied "the problem" here as promised. I'll let you know.

Please keep us updated - on the other thread - about any good progress or solutions to "that mess."

Thanks again!
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 03:15 pm
Back on dial-up
Tomkitten - Hope your printer problem is being resolved. Do you have any "techies" to contact in person? Good wishes. -- Charli Smile [/color]

The old dialup account was reinstated yesterday after many more hours on the phone, etc. - and the DSL disconnected (by the ISP and me). I was told that you have to ask for the email name when you order a service. "They" said a new DSL service would be sent in about a week with the requested name. Thanks for all of your input here and "on the other threads"!!!
0 Replies