What is Apple Safari? And do I have to switch over?

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 06:42 pm
Currently I have a Mac running the latest version of OS 9 (9.2) running MS Windows Explorer for Mac (also the latest version). Checking my Yahoo mail they said I should switch over to Apple Safari, is this a new internet
browser competing with Internet Explorer? Should I, or do I have to switch over? Is it possible with my OS 9.2 operating system?
Thanks for any information or advice!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 641 • Replies: 4
No top replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 07:53 pm
I believe Safari requires OS X.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 11:25 pm
Safari is Apple's default browser. It is to Macs what IE is to PCs. The newest version may require OS X but earlier versions of Safari are probably installed on your Mac already.

Safari is not a very good browser, but IE on Macs is also pretty bad. If I were browsing excessively on Macs I would probably use Opera.
0 Replies

edithdoll

Reply Sat 1 Oct, 2005 04:14 pm
Thanks Timberlandko and Craven, I really appreciate the info. Not ready to go to OSX yet.
Thanks, : )
0 Replies

tonyf

Reply Tue 4 Oct, 2005 01:53 pm
browsers
Safari is OK; the latest version running OS X is fine. Opera is a good alternative - the latest version for OSX is ad-free and free of charge and is a serious alternative to Safari.

Also have a look at Firefox browser from Mozilla. It's steadily getting better.

make the leap into OS X. It's the best operating system I have come across - unintrusive, stable, intutive and packed with goodies. You won't regret leaving 9.2 behind - unless you have lots of essential softwrae that only runs on OS 9.
0 Replies